1. #1 Nuclear power is a poison that mutates our genes 
    Liberation Angel Donating Member (225 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click toview this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Jul-04-09 09:04 AM
    Response to Reply #13
    17. There are better ways than nukes OR fossil fuels

In fact nuclear is far WORSE than fossil fuels because the poison from them mutates our genes and stays in the environment forever.

I agree that most use of fossil fuels needs to be made obsolete.

But nukes are the worst alternative.
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=5986422

Some do disagree however:

Teaser Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Jul-04-09 08:02 AM
    Response to Original message
    2. Nah, I support nuclear power.
    71. I support it too. There is no reason not to. Want to get rid of coal? That's the way to do it..

solar and wind, give me a break. that will help but it isn't going to power this country and get it off of coal
    Last edited by Texas Terrier; 07-05-2009 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Terrier View Post
    I feel that the existence of DU is proof that some genetic mutation is going on and radiation is as good an explanation as any.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis