Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I don't like or dislike her. I just don't see her as a player in the big leagues. I think any politician who doesn't finish out her first term in office isn't the most solid candidate for higher office, that's all.
    Obama finished out his term as a Senator by running for Prez for 2 years; that does not count though in your little pea brain. Once he bacame Prez. he QUIT his Senate job. While campainging for office, he was not attending to his duties as a Senator representing the state of IL by voting present so many times.

I guess you do not want to answer my question about what YOU would do with the mountain of debt, her inability to focus on her job, attacks on her family (children & grandchildren), etc. Your answer above is pretty lame.

Power CUer
    I don't disagree that Obama didn't do right by his Illinois constituents. I think he would not have done so well in a "normal" year, but last year the voters were obviously disgusted with the whole status quo in Washington. That's why a vapid, non-specific slogan like "Change" was able to work.

As to Palin's issues, I'm sorry you think the answer was lame, but I simply don't think or care about her enough to formulate a better one.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    As to Palin's issues, I'm sorry you think the answer was lame, but I simply don't think or care about her enough to formulate a better one.
    BULLSHIT: You have formulated an opinion about her. Your post above documents that you do not think she has the right stuff to attain a higher office.

You are still to chickenshit to answer my question about placing yourself in her shoes. I would like to ask those pundits in the media the same question.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    You are still to (sic) chickenshit to answer my question about placing yourself in her shoes. I would like to ask those pundits in the media the same question.
    If "not worth the keystrokes" is the equivalent of "chickenshit", fine. I really don't know that much about her legal issues because I haven't been interested enough to read about them. As to criticism of her family, that's unfortunately the way the game is played these days, and ignoring it would have been her best bet. Instead, she's shown that she's thin-skinned.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    If there is outstanding proof the third party could win, I'd consider it, otherwise, I'm afraid it would give of us another four years of Obama. :eek:

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Terrier View Post
    If there is outstanding proof the third party could win, I'd consider it, otherwise, I'm afraid it would give of us another four years of Obama. :eek:
    Right - all it can do is siphon off Republican votes. Perot voters gave the White House to Clinton in '92 as much as Dem voters did.

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    In one way it is good that the dems have all the control right now. Let America see how that works out.
    Preach on...I've been thinking the same thing. No way they can point fingers at the Republicans now. That is the only good thing about the Dems having the super-majority.

Banned
    As to criticism of her family, that's unfortunately the way the game is played these days, and ignoring it would have been her best bet. Instead, she's shown that she's thin-skinned.
    You have shown that you are either ignorant on the subject matter or do not have the ability to place yourself in her shoes. Having a $500,000 legal bill, attacks on her children (which you do not have) and having to deal with many lawsuits brought by leftist might deter a tough old bird like you from doing what's best for the family. That's not thin-skinned; only a retard would think so.

BTW, tell me about how the media went after Clinton or Obama's children during the campaign or afterwards for that matter. Just your imagination, I guess. That is not how the game is played so once again you are full of shit.