Thread: Reagan vs Obama

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 91
  1. #1 Reagan vs Obama 
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,452
    I am wondering something.

    Reagan was handed a financial crisis, not as big as what Obama was handed, but never the less, Carter handed Reagan a screwed up economy. It took Reagan 2 years to turn the economy around, and the republicans were very happy with that.

    Now we are ina a deeper financial mess, and the republicans are going ape shit because the economy hasn't turned around yet.

    Just more hypocrisy. Can anybody explain this ?

    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,049
    Probably had something to do with Reagan not making the deficit grow like it is, and with Reagan promising tax cuts, not phenominal raises like Obama is trying to do.

    You fail. Next question?

    By the way, how is Waterboarding and Water Cure the same thing?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Super Moderator Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,301
    Satanica, Where do you get your misinformation???


    Lets LOOK at what Reagan was handed and what Obama inherited!!!

    Economic Growth:

    1980 NEGATIVE .2%

    2008 POSITIVE 1.1%



    Real Wages


    Feb 1981 $8.10/hr

    Feb 2009 $8.61/hr




    Inflation:


    Feb 1981 11.41%

    Feb 2009 .24%


    Interest Rates - 30 year mortgage:


    1980: 15%

    2009: 5.77



    You REALLY should do a bit of research before you open your pie-hole.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Super Moderator Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,301
    Leave it to Supercrash to use a chart showing approval ratings to make an argument on how long it took to turn the economy around.


    You DID know your graph has nothing to do with your text, RIGHT????



    (snicker, snicker) - Oh hell -


    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    What a tool!
    Last edited by Constitutionally Speaking; 07-06-2009 at 07:56 AM.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Member Texas Terrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Near Dallas
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by satanica View Post
    I am wondering something.

    Reagan was handed a financial crisis, not as big as what Obama was handed, but never the less, Carter handed Reagan a screwed up economy. It took Reagan 2 years to turn the economy around, and the republicans were very happy with that.

    Now we are ina a deeper financial mess, and the republicans are going ape shit because the economy hasn't turned around yet.

    Just more hypocrisy. Can anybody explain this ?

    Just proves we're really heading to hell in a handbasket.

    Reagan cut taxes, the country recovered from the mess Carter put us in.

    Obama did come in during a recession...no question, but he's gonna raise taxes. That's about as smart as sticking your finger in a light socket.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,748
    Quote Originally Posted by satanica View Post
    I am wondering something.

    Reagan was handed a financial crisis, not as big as what Obama was handed, but never the less, Carter handed Reagan a screwed up economy. It took Reagan 2 years to turn the economy around, and the republicans were very happy with that.

    Now we are ina a deeper financial mess, and the republicans are going ape shit because the economy hasn't turned around yet.

    Just more hypocrisy. Can anybody explain this ?

    Sure

    Your assumption is that it was simply "Reagan's" policies that turned the economy around. Do you know what a business cycle is

    Why is it that socialists talk so much about economics but are so ignorant of the discipline?

    Your seem quite narrow. Guess half a century of Keynesianism has been too much for you. Why don't you quit boning up on all that collectivist garbage and study some people who know a little bit about what the systemic problems are. In other words... why not celebrate diversity?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Springfield, USA
    Posts
    16,454
    Quote Originally Posted by satanica View Post
    Now we are ina a deeper financial mess, and the republicans are going ape shit because the economy hasn't turned around yet.

    Just more hypocrisy. Can anybody explain this ?
    Who is going "ape-shit"? There is a major disagreement on how to stimulate the economy and the methods that the Obama administration are using. I thought dissent was patriotic, isn't that what we were told for the eight years of the Bush presidency?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,452
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Probably had something to do with Reagan not making the deficit grow like it is, and with Reagan promising tax cuts, not phenominal raises like Obama is trying to do.

    You fail. Next question?

    By the way, how is Waterboarding and Water Cure the same thing?
    LOL.

    Reagan exploided the deficit as soon as he came to power, And ...Reagan also gave the nation THE LARGEST TAX INCREASE IN HISTORY IN 1982

    When you say Reagan "promised tax cuts" ...you mean he gave the USA the largest tax increase in our history.

    When you say he was "not making the deficit grow" ...you mean he exploded the deficit like no other President before him.

    How stupid are you ? ...these are facts of history, not an opinion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Terrier View Post
    Just proves we're really heading to hell in a handbasket.

    Reagan cut taxes, the country recovered from the mess Carter put us in.

    Obama did come in during a recession...no question, but he's gonna raise taxes. That's about as smart as sticking your finger in a light socket.
    He gave the nation the largest tax increase in our history.

    Obama gave the nation the largest tax cut in our nations history.

    These are facts you idiots.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by satanica View Post
    He gave the nation the largest tax increase in our history.

    Obama gave the nation the largest tax cut in our nations history.

    These are facts you idiots.
    Right... you keep spewing that false talking point. He gave me an $82 a year tax cut for 2 years. You going to keep spewing that point in 2011 when that tax "cut" no longer exists?
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •