Thread: Reagan vs Obama

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Right... you keep spewing that false talking point. He gave me an $82 a year tax cut for 2 years. You going to keep spewing that point in 2011 when that tax "cut" no longer exists?

Lets play a game, the game is called, back up your claims with links, and quotes posted from the links.

You NEVER EVER play this game so I will show you how to play...

Firs off I will back up the claim about tax INCREASES

In the period since 1968, the study said, "the Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982 was the biggest increase." That was the tax increase signed by Ronald Reagan, rescinding some of the effects of his huge tax cut passed the year before. http://www.factcheck.org/treasury_ta..._increase.html

Reagan deficit claim backed up...

http://zfacts.com/p/318.html

Your turn idiot. .....I predict you don't back up any of the BS you are posting........again.

Quote Originally Posted by satanica View Post
    He gave the nation the largest tax increase in our history.

Obama gave the nation the largest tax cut in our nations history.

These are facts you idiots.
    http://newsbusters.org/blogs/clay-wa...an-big-spender

Banned
    Obama largest tax cut in history...

Here is a little fun fact that is really bad news for Republicans hoping to run against Barack Obama and the stimulus package in 2010 and beyond. The Obama tax cut is $282 billion which is larger than the tax cuts of Ronald Reagan, JFK, and George W. Bush. Even worse, Republicans voted against it.
    http://www.politicususa.com/en/Obama-Tax-Cut

Banned
    Obama largest tax cut in history...

Here is a little fun fact that is really bad news for Republicans hoping to run against Barack Obama and the stimulus package in 2010 and beyond. The Obama tax cut is $282 billion which is larger than the tax cuts of Ronald Reagan, JFK, and George W. Bush. Even worse, Republicans voted against it.
    http://www.politicususa.com/en/Obama-Tax-Cut
    Dont worry when the cap and trade bill comes into being his tax cut will be small fish compaired to the raise in energy costs.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Terrier View Post
    Dude, you link proved my point, thanks.

"The federal payroll was larger in 1989 than it had been in 1981," Richard Gamble wrote last month in American Conservative magazine. "Reagan's tax cuts, whatever their merits as short-term fiscal policy, left large and growing budget deficits when combined with increased spending, and added to the national debt."
    To be sure, Mr. Reagan's failure to curb the cost of government reflected the enduring difficulty all presidents face in balancing the government services Americans want with the taxes they're willing to pay. But today it seems, increasingly, that it was Mr. Reagan and his admirer, George W. Bush, who contributed most to the problem of runaway spending, at least among recent presidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    Dont worry when the cap and trade bill comes into being his tax cut will be small fish compaired to the raise in energy costs.
    Yes. It's called an inflation tax and Satan's boy doesn't understand how that hurts all working class Americans.

I thought Obama was working to help them?

FAIL
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Banned
    Dude, you link proved my point, thanks.

"The federal payroll was larger in 1989 than it had been in 1981," Richard Gamble wrote last month in American Conservative magazine. "Reagan's tax cuts, whatever their merits as short-term fiscal policy, left large and growing budget deficits when combined with increased spending, and added to the national debt."
    To be sure, Mr. Reagan's failure to curb the cost of government reflected the enduring difficulty all presidents face in balancing the government services Americans want with the taxes they're willing to pay. But today it seems, increasingly, that it was Mr. Reagan and his admirer, George W. Bush, who contributed most to the problem of runaway spending, at least among recent presidents.

What party controlled the congress durning his two terms?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    What party controlled the congress durning his two terms?
    So, you are saying it is the fault of the Dems ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Yes. It's called an inflation tax and Satan's boy doesn't understand how that hurts all working class Americans.

I thought Obama was working to help them?

FAIL

The repubs always claim the DEm policies will hurt the nation...turns out the exact opposite happens, your cred is history, we were told by the GOP that Clintons deficit reduction plan would destroy the nation, instead it brought us record back to back surpluses.

So, you are saying it is the fault of the Dems ?

Yes. Tax Revenues increased under Reagan. Dem controlled Congress just spent even more. You can blame miltary spending on Reagan, but it broke the backs of the Soviet Union and ended the Cold War. I'll take deficit spending if it can accomplish that.