Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 How'd you celebrate Independence Day? 
    We went to another small town about 45 minutes away and joined family for a nice celebration with a DJ and vendors and a nice, short fireworks show.. It was well-attended because of the budget shortages of most towns and the fact that people from more towns had to crowd into whatever venues they could find that were having fireworks celebrations!

Before that, we had a nice picnic in the yard and let the kids play in their two pools. They could do that all day! The weather was gorgeous and rain-free for the first time in over two weeks!

Of course, I looked forward to it all day because it was going to be my first opportunity to photograph fireworks, which can be tricky.

Take a look if you wish:

Pepperell, MA
    Last edited by stsinner; 07-06-2009 at 09:07 AM.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

We were supposed to just have ourselves for the Fourth but one BIL turned up anyway. It was the cynical, cranky BIL too.

We worked in the yard, bought some fancy pants statuary, and then ate in the gazebo because of the torrential rains. :(

Went camping with close friends at Loon Lake, California. I'm tired, sunburned and very sore right now...and can't wait to do it again.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Went to my Brother's house, played some poker, watched a movie (Gran Torino) and grilled steaks.

A nice relaxing day.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    Went to my Brother's house, played some poker, watched a movie (Gran Torino) and grilled steaks.

A nice relaxing day.
    Awesome movie!! Sounds like a good time!
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Banned
    I went to three cook outs (never ate so much) and fired off 300 dollars worth of fireworks :)

Japandroid
    Worked.

Only people who are smarter than us adults here in MA are allowed to shoot off fireworks.. They must bring in people from New Hampshire. Must be nice to live where they allow you to act like an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    bought some fancy pants statuary, and then ate in the gazebo because of the torrential rains. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Japandroid View Post
    Worked.
    Yeah, I guess the Fry-o-Lator at McDonalds needed someone to run it.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf