Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    All though I haven't researced the situation in Honduras all that much, I did read this:

While Honduran law allows for a constitutional rewrite, the power to open that door does not lie with the president. A constituent assembly can only be called through a national referendum approved by its Congress.

So it's not quite perfectly legal according to their own laws. Looks like you are going to have to do some of your famous back pedaling.
    I keep thinking the Honduras Constitution does not allow any amendments regarding Presidental term limits.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by satanica View Post
    "You really need to cut back on the hallucinogens and nickelodeon would be more age appropriate for you to watch!"

Really ? Your OP is in support of the dictators that just crushed democracy in Hondourus.

You called the Hondourus President, who was elected by a majority in a democracy a "communist"

Am I hallucinating your posts ?

The former President of Honduras was violating the direct orders of the Supreme Court, their congress and the votes of even his own party in an unconstitutional grab of power.

His actions were designed to END the democracy in Honduras. You do realize that this is what Hitler did. This is what Chavez did.

Just because someone is elected, does not mean they are not dictators - many modern day dictators gained power by the legal means and then sought to undermine the institutions of democracy.

That is exactly what the former President was trying to do.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.