Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by satanica View Post
    Another repub lie.

The President was going to hold a referendum ...a vote that went to the people. this is 100% legal and allowed.

Did NY's democracy die when Bloomerg held a referendum ?

Inform yourself, jeeeesh.
    Get your facts right. Then come fight with your elders.

(And you might start by answering previous posts of mine that slapped you down with facts.)

Others might use you as a chew toy, but I have neither the inclination nor the time. You will be ignored from here on in.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Get your facts right. Then come fight with your elders.

(And you might start by answering previous posts of mine that slapped you down with facts.)

Others might use you as a chew toy, but I have neither the inclination nor the time. You will be ignored from here on in.

I told you what I think happened. The President was going to submit a referendum to change the constitution, the military then took over.

What do you think happened ?

Banned
    You will be ignored from here on in.

Of course I will, I just destroyed your argument.

Tell me what you think happened ?

Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    Anti-CNN?? They have electricy in Honduras? When did that happen? And they've already discovered television sets?
    yeah...running water that won't give you Montezuma's Revenge is next. :D

Another repub lie.

The President was going to hold a referendum ...a vote that went to the people. this is 100% legal and allowed.

Inform yourself, jeeeesh.
    Really?

If it was legal, then why did the Honduras Supreme court rule it illegal? The Honduran Attorney General? Honduras congressional equivalent?

Did you know the Honduran Constitution specifically states that such a referendum is illegal? Did you know that the Honduran Constitution has a specific article allowing the military to commit a coup for just such the instance they did?

Dipshit, do some research before you open your mouth.

I told you what I think happened. The President was going to submit a referendum to change the constitution, the military then took over.

What do you think happened ?
    Just to help clear up any misunderstanding.

Title II, Chapter 4: (executive power)

Article 238: In order to become the President of the Republic or designated to the Presidency, one must:

3) Be in possesion of a citizen's legal rights;

Article 239: A citizen who has previously held executive power can not be President or designated to the Presidency. Those that break this provision or propose reform of this provision, as well as those that help directly or indirectly, will immediately cease to hold and exercise the power of his/her post, and will be banned from holding any future public office for a period of ten years.

Read that very slowly Supercrash. Give it time to sink in. The Honduran Constitution STRICTLY forbids just such a thing from happening.

Banned
    Hey idiot. Our Constitution gives you and I the right to Habeas Corpus. Here is the Bush AG telling us that they disagree with the Constitution.

To bad the military didn't crush our government and exile Bush from the country. When you watch the video you will also notice there was a SC ruling on the matter.

In your view, Bush should have been removed ....unless you are a hypocrite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIFqYVAOosM

Hey idiot. Our Constitution gives you and I the right to Habeas Corpus. Here is the Bush AG telling us that they disagree with the Constitution.

To bad the military didn't crush our government and exile Bush from the country. When you watch the video you will also notice there was a SC ruling on the matter.

In your view, Bush should have been removed ....unless you are a hypocrite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIFqYVAOosM
    The level of stupid you just brought to the table is to much.

So President Bush saying something (not attempting to hold a vote, not acting against the Supreme Courts orders, not ordering the military to do something that is a violation of their Constitution) is the same as the Honduran President attempting to initiate a vote that is strictly forbidden by the Constitution of that country.

Thats the same thing right?

I just want to make sure your saying that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    The level of stupid you just brought to the table is to much.

So President Bush saying something (not attempting to hold a vote, not acting against the Supreme Courts orders, not ordering the military to do something that is a violation of their Constitution) is the same as the Honduran President attempting to initiate a vote that is strictly forbidden by the Constitution of that country.

Thats the same thing right?

I just want to make sure your saying that.
    The US Constitution says the right of Habeas Corpus can NOT be taken away. The Bush AG said they took it away. The video doesn't lie

"The US constitution doesn't say every citizen has a right to habeas corpus" -Gonzo

This is a direct quote from the video. How fucking stupid are you idiots ?

For real, it's called VIDEO, sound it out... VID- E -O ...Video.

It's a device that records audio and visual recordings.

All though I haven't researced the situation in Honduras all that much, I did read this:

While Honduran law allows for a constitutional rewrite, the power to open that door does not lie with the president. A constituent assembly can only be called through a national referendum approved by its Congress.

So it's not quite perfectly legal according to their own laws. Looks like you are going to have to do some of your famous back pedaling.
    Last edited by Lager; 07-06-2009 at 02:45 PM.