Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by satanica View Post
    Thats my point. The Constitution says it can't be taken away.

So when the AG says, "The US Constitution doesn't give US citizens the right to HC" ...he is wrong.
    Go get a job and quit your babbling.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    You didn't answer my question. What about President Obama's plan to suspend Habeas Corpus? Come on now, if your gonna point fingers you better get it all in there. Don't wanna look like a hypocrite.
    OK, If you really need to be explained the difference. Jeeeesh , I can't believe I have to do this.

You see, the people being held at Bagram Air Force Base in Afghanistan ARE NOT American citizens.

Gonzales said "the US Constitution doesn't give US citizens the right to Habeas Corpus"

Get it ?

I stand WITH the US Constitution, and you stand AGAINST the US Constitution. The thread proves that twice over.

OK, If you really need to be explained the difference. Jeeeesh , I can't believe I have to do this.

You see, the people being held at Bagram Air Force Base in Afghanistan ARE NOT American citizens.

Gonzales said "the US Constitution doesn't give US citizens the right to Habeas Corpus"

Get it ?

I stand WITH the US Constitution, and you stand AGAINST the US Constitution. The thread proves that twice over.
    I explained this to you already. The US Constitution DOES NOT give the right. It only offers protections from it's suspension by the US Government.

And fuck you dipshit. Twice I've sworn an oath to defend the Constitution with my life. What the fuck have you done for it?

Banned
    [QUOTE=djones520;153852]I explained this to you already. The US Constitution DOES NOT give the right. It only offers protections from it's suspension by the US Government.
    [QUOTE]

The privilege of the writ of habeas corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in cases of rebellion or invasion

Ya, OK ...we don't have HC rights ...it's just something that can't be taken away.

Unreal.

[QUOTE=satanica;153855][QUOTE=djones520;153852]I explained this to you already. The US Constitution DOES NOT give the right. It only offers protections from it's suspension by the US Government.

The privilege of the writ of habeas corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in cases of rebellion or invasion

Ya, OK ...we don't have HC rights ...it's just something that can't be taken away.

Unreal.
    Was it OK for Lincoln to suspend it then?
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Banned
    [QUOTE=Rebel Yell;153857][QUOTE=satanica;153855]
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I explained this to you already. The US Constitution DOES NOT give the right. It only offers protections from it's suspension by the US Government.

Was it OK for Lincoln to suspend it then?

You dumbass.

It can suspended in time of rebellion or invasion. Ummm, the Civil War you stupid fuck. Holy shit you just blew my mind. Unreal.

Simply unreal. You have betrayed your nation.

[QUOTE=satanica;153858][QUOTE=Rebel Yell;153857]

You dumbass.

It can suspended in time of rebellion or invasion. Ummm, the Civil War you stupid fuck. Holy shit you just blew my mind. Unreal.

Simply unreal. You have betrayed your nation.
    First of all, fuckstick, there was no "rebellion". No one tried to overthrow the federal government. It was a seccession, which is allowed in the Constitution you claim to defend. It wasn't even a "Civil War", as the Confederacy was a separate nation. All the "rebels" were doing was defending their country from an aggresive neighbor. So, was Lincoln right?
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Banned
    [QUOTE=Rebel Yell;153862][QUOTE=satanica;153858]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post

First of all, fuckstick, there was no "rebellion". No one tried to overthrow the federal government. It was a seccession, which is allowed in the Constitution you claim to defend. It wasn't even a "Civil War", as the Confederacy was a separate nation. All the "rebels" were doing was defending their country from an aggresive neighbor. So, was Lincoln right?
    You just claimed... "It wasn't even a civil war" ...Ya OK

You also claimed ... "Confederacy was a separate nation" ....jeeesh, how stupid are you ?

Unreal, You are the first person to claim there was no civil war because it was a war between two nations.

Fucking idiot. I dare you to name one person on the planet that shares your radical views.

You just claimed... "It wasn't even a civil war" ...Ya OK

You also claimed ... "Confederacy was a separate nation" ....jeeesh, how stupid are you ?

Unreal, You are the first person to claim there was no civil war because it was a war between two nations.

Fucking idiot. I dare you to name one person on the planet that shares your radical views.
    Settle down satty. I guess the full moon and a sore butt from last night are making you cranky.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Thats my point. The Constitution says it can't be taken away.

So when the AG says, "The US Constitution doesn't give US citizens the right to HC" ...he is wrong.

Correction. The Constitution says it CAN be taken away - and then lays out the instances where it can be.

Can you read?????

In the case of terrorists operating within our borders (which is what Gonzales was referring to) we ARE being invaded.

Think before you post.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.