Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Straw poll of 325,200 voters:Obama 38 % Mc Cain 62 %,What think you of those apples ? 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Obama 'Puzzled' by Iraq Remarks Frenzy

Straw poll of 325,200 voters:Obama 38 % Mc Cain 62 %,What think you of those apples ?

ST. LOUIS (July 5) - Barack Obama celebrated "active faith" as an obligation of religious Americans and a chief agent of societal change while speaking Saturday to a nearly all-black roomful of churchgoers, but hoping to reach far beyond them.

Earlier in the day as he flew from Montana to Missouri, Obama told reporters he was surprised at how the media has "finely calibrated" his recent words on Iraq, and reaffirmed his commitment to ending the war if elected.
    McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds said Obama needs to "understand that his words matter."

"We are all absolutely committed to ending this war, but on Thursday Barack Obama's words indicated that he also shared John McCain's commitment to securing the peace beforehand," he said.

Making a less than two-hour stop in the battleground state of Missouri, the Democratic presidential nominee implored the thousands attending a national meeting of the African Methodist Episcopal Church, one of the nation's largest and most politically and civically active black denominations, to help fix national and local ills.

He preached individual responsibility, saying he knew he risked criticism for "blaming the victim" by talking of the need for parents to help children with homework and turn off the TV, to pass on a healthy self-image to daughters, and teach boys both to respect women and "realize that responsibility does not end at conception."

But Obama's main message was the government's duty to address what he said are "moral problems" — such as war, poverty, joblessness, homelessness, violent streets and crumbling schools — and to employ religious institutions to do it.

"As long as we're not doing everything in our individual and collective power to solve the challenges we face, the conscience of our nation cannot rest," he said.

Obama, who has made history by becoming the first black major-party presidential nominee, made frequent references to the civil rights movement and continuing struggles in the black community.

Poll Results
    Was reaction to Obama's Iraq remarks overblown?
    No 60% 33,862
    Yes 40% 22,815
    Total Votes: 56,677
    Will the situation in Iraq influence how you vote in November?
    Yes, a lot 43% 23,612
    No, not at all 34% 18,341
    Yes, a little 19% 10,274
    I won't be voting 4% 2,421

"Here's a suprise but the site will not let me copy it directly so I'll type it :
    Straw poll of voters 325,200 voters:
    Obama 38 %
    Mc Cain 62 %
    What think you of them apples ?

http://news.aol.com/elections/story/...115x1200244341
    Last edited by megimoo; 07-06-2008 at 08:55 PM.

Eyelids
    Guess who won nearly every GOP straw poll about a year ago?

Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post

Ron Paul.
    Guess who's going to lose his butt in this election Gomez and it isn't President to be Mc Cain .So pack up your backpack and head for Canada !

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    [SIZE="3"]Obama 'Puzzled' by Iraq Remarks Frenzy

Straw poll of 325,200 voters:Obama 38 % Mc Cain 62 %,What think you of those apples ?
    I think the straw sample was not random enough....

or at least a little trampled.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I think the straw sample was not random enough....

or at least a little trampled.
    On the Liberal AOL News Poll ?

Straw Poll!
    Obama 37% total votes 133,946 votes
    McCain 63% total votes 224,017
    totol straw votes 358,151 !

Note From AOL: Our weekly survey was restarted again on Friday, June 27 at 11AM ET. We will be launching a new version of this poll shortly that includes third-party

I don't think much of straw polls cause they are media stunts. Romney had paid people voting 3 and 4 times a piece at these events last year (which is legal in Straw polls). Just google the video footage of Romney stuffing ballots.
    And he won more than McCain.
    Ron Paul won the majority of straw polls in the fall...so that tells you how much worth they are.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post

Ron Paul.
    Those were good times. :D

He preached individual responsibility, saying he knew he risked criticism for "blaming the victim" by talking of the need for parents to help children with homework and turn off the TV, to pass on a healthy self-image to daughters, and teach boys both to respect women and "realize that responsibility does not end at conception."

But Obama's main message was the government's duty to address what he said are "moral problems" such as war, poverty, joblessness, homelessness, violent streets and crumbling schools and to employ religious institutions to do it.

Wasn't this Bush's platform during the 2000 election, and wasn't it titled "compasionate Conservatism" and Personal resposibility...

well if you strike out the gov't duty part...

Now it's still 38% Obama, 62% McCain with 393,764 votes. It's amazing the DU'ers aren't DU'ing the poll.

I voted---and not for O.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Now it's still 38% Obama, 62% McCain with 393,764 votes. It's amazing the DU'ers aren't DU'ing the poll.

I voted---and not for O.

I have started to notice people calling him the "O". I can't help but think of "Overstock.com".......which oddly fits. :p