Hybrid View

1. #1 Bill Clinton On Unstable ex-POWs 
    Bill Clinton On Unstable ex-POWs
    Bill Clinton is speaking at the Aspen Ideas Festival, and he said just now, apropos of almost nothing (actually, during a long peroration on Nelson Mandela): “Every living soul on this planet has some highly-justified anger. Everyone. If you know anybody who was a P.O.W. for any time, they can be going on for years and all of a sudden something will happen that will trigger all those bad memories.”Not too subtle. Astonishingly, his interviewer, former Clinton Administration official Jane Wales, didn't follow-up. One subject Clinton didn't talk about at all: Barack Obama. He seemed to go out of his way, in fact, not to mention Obama's name. Which, when you think about, calls into question whether the P.O.W. shot was actually an intentional shot at all. On the other hand, I believe that Bill Clinton doesn't say things by accident.

Well, Bubba knows a LOT about anger:

Aides and advisers to both Clintons say he tends to explode in anger more often and more fiercely than his wife, whose temper is usually described as that of a slow-burn and clipped-tone variety.

His so-called “purple fits” and “earthquakes” have been a constant to those who have worked with him. Some have dealt with it by avoiding him, others by simply responding with silence. One senior White House aide, George Stephanopoulos, who was often a target of Mr. Clinton’s fury, has written of taking an antidepressant because the vicissitudes of the job were so intense.

Mr. Clinton has reflected on his temper over the years, perhaps most revealingly in his autobiography. At one point in it, he recalls a day in junior high school when he hit a boy who had been taunting him. It was a moment from which he came to draw lessons.

“I was a little disturbed by my anger, the currents of which would prove deeper and stronger in the years ahead,” Mr. Clinton wrote. “Because of the way Daddy behaved when he was angry and drunk, I associated anger with being out of control and I was determined not to lose control. Doing so could unleash the deeper, constant anger I kept locked away because I didn’t know where it came from.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/18/us...=1&oref=slogin

Goldwater
    Was it an insult? I mean if the POW has that problem, then they have it right? Maybe some of the ones who were most brutally tortured and abused could be like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Was it an insult? I mean if the POW has that problem, then they have it right? Maybe some of the ones who were most brutally tortured and abused could be like that.
    I guess being married to Hillary could be considered brutal torture.......
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I guess being married to Hillary could be considered brutal torture.......
    Or being married to him could also be considered brutal torture. They are a couple absolutely made for each other and deserve each other.