1. #1 Former Figure Skating Champ Nicole Bobek Charged in Meth Bust 
    JERSEY CITY, N.J. — Former figure skating champion Nicole Bobek has been charged with being part of a Northern New Jersey drug ring.

The 31-year-old Bobek made her first court appearance Monday by video from the Hudson County Jail. Bobek, who has homes in New York and Jupiter, Fla., was arrested in Florida last week. She is charged with conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine in Hudson County. ...
    link

That stinks! she had a nice ass too.

Her bail is $200,000. I'm guessing the judge knows something we don't. :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Her bail is $200,000. I'm guessing the judge knows something we don't. :eek:

States are panicking and pushing through tough laws about meth. It's not really a problem within the city of Detroit at this point, but it's ruining smaller cities in more rural parts of Michigan. The poorest city in the state (Benton Harbor) is also the meth capital.

The law I know about is applied to my job. According to my colleagues in CPS, they are now mandated by law to file for mandatory termination of parental rights in any case of a child born with meth in his or her system. The belief is that meth addicts are incurable.

I remember when crack addiction was considered incurable, yet I know several former crack addicts who have been sober for 10 years or more. Legislatures rushed to make crack possession a more serious offense than possessing powder cocaine, only to have sanity revisit the laws 15 years down the road.