1. #1 Obama offers to scrap missile shield in return for help from Russia with Iran 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    President Obama put the Kremlin to the test yesterday by offering to scrap a missile defence shield in Eastern Europe if it helped to stop Iran building a nuclear bomb.

He used the second day of the Reset Summit in Moscow to urge a new era of partnership between Russia and the US in combating the spread of nuclear weapons to rogue states and terrorists.

“That is why we should be united in opposing North Korea’s efforts to become a nuclear power and preventing Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon,” Mr Obama said.

The US plan to put a missile shield in Poland and the Czech Republic strained relations with Russia under President Bush. Moscow views the shield as a threat to its security, while Washington insists that it is to defend against a surprise attack from Iran. In a speech that was notably light on criticism of Russia, Mr Obama pressed Moscow to take more responsibility for stopping an Iranian bomb.

“I know Russia opposes the planned configuration for missile defence in Europe . . . I have made it clear that this system is directed at preventing a potential attack from Iran and has nothing to do with Russia,” he told an audience of students from the New Economic School in Moscow.

“I want us to work together on a missile defence architecture that makes us all safer. But if the threat from Iran’s nuclear and ballistic missile programmes is eliminated, the driving force for missile defence in Europe will be eliminated. That is in our mutual interest,” he said.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...SS&attr=797093

He should be impeached for not putting a missile shield in place.. Any leader who has the capability and doesn't put in place this entirely defensive system, no matter what the heathens say, is derelict in his duties if you ask me.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    He should be impeached for not putting a missile shield in place.. Any leader who has the capability and doesn't put in place this entirely defensive system, no matter what the heathens say, is derelict in his duties if you ask me.
    I agree !

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    Well, he is supposed to be diplomatic, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Yeah, right... If people aren't planning on attacking us, or at least desire to have the option, why the hell would they care about a purely defensive system to protect against ICBM's? The reason is that it would make them impotent when at the bargaining table.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

I want us to work together on a missile defence architecture that makes us all safer.
    Let me translate this from the Liberalese...

I want to make it easy for Russia to steal our anti-missile technology, like Clinton did with the Chinese and our submarines. I want to make sure the days of the United States being a superpower are over for good.

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    That doesn't mean he has the right to give away our National Security !