Thread: Sunday Sojourn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I plan to retire where I am. I live on a beautiful mountain with a nice view. I'm in the midle of the woods with US Forest Service land about twenty yards from my front door. Bears. Deer. Coyotes. Squirrels. Owls. A flock of noisy crows for comic relief. I like where I am. It is simple and I have plenty of things to do when and if I get to retire as planned.

Library Lady, I fully acknowledge the truth of what you say about the plans we make. Things can change so quickly. Yesterday a man was killed over on the lake when he was hit by a boat. A full amputation of one leg and a partial amputation of the other. A medevac healicopter came but they couldn't staunch the bleeding. Very sad. Life can turn on a dime.

And no, you wiseguys, it wasn't Benny Hinn out walking his duck.
    Your place sounds so beautiful. No wonder you'd like to retire there. How wonderful to be able to live in a nice area like that. We don't have any mountains here, but do have deer, coyotes, squirrels, owls, some hawks, no bears.

Very sad about the man getting killed on the lake. We indeed cannot always control our own destiny, why we should enjoy life in the here and now---not wait for the retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I will always remember Brugges, Belgium as one of the more delightful places in the world.
    Brugges, BE, that's where I want to retire to. It has everything.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Your place sounds so beautiful. No wonder you'd like to retire there. How wonderful to be able to live in a nice area like that. We don't have any mountains here, but do have deer, coyotes, squirrels, owls, some hawks, no bears.

Very sad about the man getting killed on the lake. We indeed cannot always control our own destiny, why we should enjoy life in the here and now---not wait for the retirement.
    Very True. Do all we can to live at peace and be productive and realize that there are no guarantees about the morrow.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Brugges, BE, that's where I want to retire to. It has everything.
    I'd love to go there again, waiting to see if our dollar gets stronger and trying to talk SR into going. I love Brugge, with the charms of the canals in Amsterdam without all the graffiti. :)

TOTD: I'll take Egyptian Death for $500, Alex.

Having grown up the way I did, I'm pretty appreciative of owning a house that doesn't periodically collapse and one that isn't shared by 10 close friends and family. I love my yard and I enjoy working on a lot - cuts down on the booze and therapy bills tremendously.

I have easy access to world class hunting and fishing, climbing, hiking, biking, and nature watching. My state produces more beer and more craft beer than any other. I grow my own organic veggies. I have a huge sewing room and I like to use it. I have a detached library. I have friends and family and high speed Internet. I'm staying right here.

It's difficult to travel extensively with a Collie and 2 Shelties. :p

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap1 View Post
    TOTD: I'll take Egyptian Death for $500, Alex.

Having grown up the way I did, I'm pretty appreciative of owning a house that doesn't periodically collapse and one that isn't shared by 10 close friends and family. I love my yard and I enjoy working on a lot - cuts down on the booze and therapy bills tremendously.

I have easy access to world class hunting and fishing, climbing, hiking, biking, and nature watching. My state produces more beer and more craft beer than any other. I grow my own organic veggies. I have a huge sewing room and I like to use it. I have a detached library. I have friends and family and high speed Internet. I'm staying right here.

It's difficult to travel extensively with a Collie and 2 Shelties. :p
    Hey, Snaps. I've got four cats! Just pay the petsitter $32/day to come twice (don't know if they charge more for dogs).

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Hey, Snaps. I've got four cats! Just pay the petsitter $32/day to come twice (don't know if they charge more for dogs).
    What are you, high? Dogs are a tad different than cats.

Where are those pics, btw?
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    What are you, high? Dogs are a tad different than cats.

Where are those pics, btw?
    Never had dogs, only cats, so I don't know. I can't imagine that a petsitter who comes twice a day to walk them would be much different than one who comes twice a day to scoop the litter.

Pics this evening (+1 GMT).