Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    It's their church and their rules. Truthfully, most Catholics probably shouldn't be receiving communion at any given time. I forget what the exact percentage is but hardly any Catholics go to Reconciliation anymore and very few do so even once a month. If the cradle Catholics can't seem to pull off that State of Grace thing for an hour a week, you can see why the Church is leery of non-Catholics barging up to the altar.
    yes - I know more about the catholic church and her doctrines and dogmas than do most catholics - I know at hey believe about the Eucharist and frankly share that belief. ANYHOW - I like how the burden is put on the outsider. He's supposed to know without having been told.
    Last edited by PoliCon; 07-09-2009 at 06:48 PM.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    yes - I know more about the catholic church and her doctrines and dogmas than do most catholics - I know at hey believe about the Eucharist and frankly share that belief. ANYHOW - I like how the burden is put on the outsider. He's supposed to know without having been told.
    I don't know that is really fair. If I turn up at a Hindu ceremony, I wouldn't expect to be included in the ritual aspects. Back in the day, most people were generally aware that various churches had "distinctives" that limited the participation of non-believers and non-members.

I think his error says more about his failure to understand his own church and maybe a general lack of good manners. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    OH I don't mean dead like in lack of people - I mean spiritually dead. As in God hasn't been there or welcome there in YEARS!

I know what you meant, and I was trying to show that at least in the mid 80s, this church was pretty alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I don't know that is really fair. If I turn up at a Hindu ceremony, I wouldn't expect to be included in the ritual aspects. Back in the day, most people were generally aware that various churches had "distinctives" that limited the participation of non-believers and non-members.

I think his error says more about his failure to understand his own church and maybe a general lack of good manners. ;)
    There is a huge difference between hindu and Christian. Not so much between differing Christian sects.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.