1. #1 DUmmies celebrate 25 year old stockbroker's suicide 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Sick fucks. :mad:

babylonsister(1000+ posts)
    Thu Jul-09-09 10:17 AM
    Original message
    Stockbroker wore a designer suit, ordered a glass of champagne – and jumped

Stockbroker wore a designer suit, ordered a glass of champagne – and jumped

Oxford graduate in fear for his job chose to take his life days before 25th birthday

By Chris Green

Thursday, 9 July 2009

A promising young stockbroker worried about losing his job in the City jumped to his death from a rooftop restaurant wearing his best suit and holding a glass of champagne.

Oxford graduate Anjool Malde walked into the eighth-floor Coq d'Argent in the City of London at lunchtime on Sunday, just two days before his 25th birthday, clad in a Hugo Boss suit. He then ordered a glass of champagne and made his way on to the roof terrace, before jumping to his death.

The stockbroker had a burgeoning career at Deutsche Bank and was also a successful entrepreneur, co-founding an events company called AlphaParties, which organises social gatherings for young professionals, students and interns in London.

Last night, the stockbroker's parents, Naina and Bharat, issued a joint statement which read: "We are absolutely devastated. Equally we are so touched by the warm words from his many, many friends that alluded both to his tremendous talent and positive, lively spirit. He was an inspiration to so many. He meant everything to us.

more...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...d-1738048.html
    NYC_SKP(1000+ posts)
    Thu Jul-09-09 10:24 AM
    Response to Original message
    2. Good Riddance.

His priorities must have been a bit skewed for what would make the world a better place for all.

Shame about the perfectly good suit, though.

It could have gone to someone on the street needed fresh clothes.

He should have jumped naked.
    Yupster (1000+ posts)
    Thu Jul-09-09 10:47 AM
    Response to Reply #2
    14. He was probably one of the good ones

The bad ones aren't feeling any shame about their clients' accounts being halved. The good ones are under incredible stress right now.
    scheming daemons(1000+ posts)
    Thu Jul-09-09 10:26 AM
    3. British stockbrokers are taking the honorable route..... American ones... not so much
    Horse with no Name(1000+ posts)
    Thu Jul-09-09 10:32 AM
    7. I have a hard time garnering much sorrow over the loss of one of the architects

of the financial destruction of the world. However, my sympathies to his family.
    NeedleCast (1000+ posts)
    Thu Jul-09-09 10:38 AM
    Response to Reply #7
    10. LOL, Dude was 25

From a architectural point of view, he hasn't done more than screw in a light bulb. I doubt this guy would have been the next Bernie.
    JVS (1000+ posts)
    Thu Jul-09-09 10:59 AM
    Response to Reply #10
    16. So a career of douchebaggery and greed was nipped short in the bud. Feel good story of the week.
    malaise (1000+ posts)
    Thu Jul-09-09 10:43 AM
    12. This happens when the accumulation of wealth is viewed

as the centerpiece of life.
    Had he volunteered to teach some poor youth in Britain or India, his life may have had some purpose.
    JVS (1000+ posts)
    Thu Jul-09-09 10:58 AM
    15. May the rest follow his example!

mitchum (1000+ posts)
    Thu Jul-09-09 11:02 AM
    18. I hope he didn't land on a member of the working class

then it would be a tragedy
    OwnedByFerrets(1000+ posts)
    Thu Jul-09-09 11:13 AM
    22. I feel for his family....him, not so much. Are stockbrokers anything more

than leaches on the underbelly of society? What higher purpose do they serve? Its a republican lie that the stock market helps average americans. 401Ks were a brainchild of the reagan era to sap billions of dollars from middle class america to further enrich the wealthy.
    Double T (1000+ posts)
    Thu Jul-09-09 11:31 AM
    Response to Reply #27
    29. SELF is also a big problem.

I'll provide the champaign; do we have any other wall street type takers. Sorry Great Spirit, I just couldn't resist.
    OwnedByFerrets (1000+ posts)
    Thu Jul-09-09 12:47 PM
    Response to Reply #26
    36. What higher purpose do stockbrokers serve?

And NO, any lost life is NOT a tragedy. Millions would still be alive if B*sh had not lived to be appointed pResident.
    Kieser (1 posts)
    Thu Jul-09-09 01:08 PM
    37. I knew Anjool

I knew Anjool at university, and came across this thread while searching online for news of his death. I cannot tell you how angry and sick it made me feel to read the comments of some of you; shame on you for using the death of a young man, a man you never knew, as an opportunity to make vile remarks about someone whose only crime was to be a member of an unpopular profession.

Anjool was a thoroughly decent guy, not at all the "stereotypical banker". He was reserved and charming, and did an enormous amount of mentoring work for young people looking to go to Oxford and into finance; see the many tributes on Facebook and The Student Room if you don't believe me. He'd achieved so much already in life, through hard work and determination. Reports say he'd complained of stress at work earlier in the year, and it's clear he must have been in a very dark place when he decided to end his life. He wasn't running a central bank, or stealing people's pensions. He was just a young guy under a lot - too much - pressure. As a beneficiary of his kindness in the past, I was very sad to hear of his death. I can only imagine what his parents (he was an only child) and close friends are going through.

You can see a video he posted of himself singing Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKWqp0kBFZY . I hope those of you who chose to celebrate the news of his death, or use it as an opportunity to make disgusting remarks, watch it. And I hope to God his parents never see the foul comments on this thread.
    anonymous171 (1000+ posts)
    Thu Jul-09-09 01:12 PM
    39. I am not going to cheer the death of a fellow human being.

That being said, I don't feel very sad about this either.

Banned
    When Underground Panther finally blows it's brains out of the back of it's head I am going to laugh and laugh because it will probably post a hilarious suicide note on DU before it does it. The rant will probably hilarious!

Power CUer
    Classy stuff. :(
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Wow. Talk about mastering the knee jerk reaction. There's nothing inherently immoral about being a stock broker. I didn't see anything in the article that said he did anything illegal. Being a stockbroker is no different than a real estate broker or any other profession in sales. These folks are looney.

Good for Kieser, who posted the youtube video of the guy singing.

I don't know how anyone can be so callous and unfeeling say such things about a suicide, who has friends and family out there. I had a friend who killed himself in high school, and I remember some of the awful things some of the other kids said afterwards. They were kids, however, and the teachers checked them when they heard the comments.

I could see celebrating a suicide if it was the cousin who molested you or something like that. But even then, it's sad, because you think about the person he could have been had he chosen a better way to live.

Pathetic.

But then, they cheer when a suicide bomber succeeds in killing innocent people too.

Those over there who want to say it is a small minority that think this way are fooling themselves. It IS the hive think for those sick people to whom leftist politics are the only thing that matters in the world.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I saw this at lunch time. There is a lot of utter scum on DU.

If Skinner had any balls he'd personally delete that thread.
    Morons.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I saw this at lunch time. There is a lot of utter scum on DU.

If Skinner had any balls he'd personally delete that thread.
    Morons.
    He's too busy fending off the chaos from the new "un-recommend" feature.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    He's too busy fending off the chaos from the new "un-recommend" feature.

LOL!!! I didn't know the three stooges had given the kids a new toy!!! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Good Grief, that was some sick sick stuff..They didn't even know the kid, just that he was a stockbroker..

some very sick people on that board..how proud skinner must be..but hey, as long as he gets his money, I guess..:(