Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Say, "Hi!" to Shannon.....I mean Satan. Wait! I'm Satan. We need better policies about this sort of thing.
    I thought Shannon covered being Satan for everything east of the Mississippi.

Hey, I'm hearing that Bob Dylan Song about Knock Knoc Knockin' on heavens' door....but it's the Guns N Roses version.

It IS Shannon.

I smell Brimstone.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I thought Shannon covered being Satan for everything east of the Mississippi.

Hey, I'm hearing that Bob Dylan Song about Knock Knoc Knockin' on heavens' door....but it's the Guns N Roses version.

It IS Shannon.

I smell Brimstone.
    So this is like Coast To Coast? I never did figure out which line I should call.

Let's drag this thread back on topic: you sport a Manzillion, don't you? :p

So this is like Coast To Coast? I never did figure out which line I should call.

Let's drag this thread back on topic: you sport a Manzillion, don't you? :p
    Is that more than a million?

Actually it's Latin for 'Hair of the Dog'. So Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Is that more than a million?

Actually it's Latin for 'Hair of the Dog'. So Yes.
    It's Hollywood-speak for "hairless dog". Ewwww!

It's Hollywood-speak for "hairless dog". Ewwww!
    :eek: ewwwwwwww

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    We should have a Pun Jar here. Everytime you make an awful pun, you would have to donate $5 bucks to CU. We could be running this site off a Cray in about 6 months. :p
    Cray's are so yesterday.Big Blue's are the latest and greatest !

IBM will build a new supercomputer for the U.S. Department of Energy's National Nuclear Security Administration that uses the Cell Broadband Engine processor, originally designed for electronic gaming. The “hybrid” computer will also use x86 processors from Advanced Micro Devices and will be capable of a sustained speed of up to 1,000 trillion calculations per second, or one petaflop.

Computers used for The latest and greatest for the DOE's Simulation Of Nuclear Warhead Designs.They can't test so they model and simulate every stage of detonation on a super MPP (Massivly Parallel Processor).The models are constantly being refined to reflect new latest thinking on what will happen with each change !

"Techniques for Warhead Design

There are seven broad categories of techniques that can assist in the design of new warheads without full-scale testing:

Nuclear explosions ranging from a few tens of pounds to a few hundred tons of TNT equivalent or less that are not quite full-scale explosions, but which yield most of the crucial information about the functioning of the weapon, other than its exact explosive yield.

Small-scale nuclear explosions with a nuclear yield of a few tens of pounds or less (hydronuclear testing).
    Tests of many of the properties of nuclear charges using materials that cannot sustain chain reactions (hydrodynamic testing).

Experiments in nuclear fusion to develop understanding of the thermonuclear component of weapons as well of the deuterium-tritium boosters that make the fission components of warheads more efficient.
    Computer modeling.

Theoretical models and calculations (other than computer models).
    Other related experiments, field tests, theoretical work, and modeling exercises, for instance using nuclear reactors, conventional explosives, etc. to determine the properties of various components and subassemblies of warheads. This includes work on basic science in various disciplines such as nuclear physics and radiochemistry.

http://www.ieer.org/sdafiles/vol_4/4-2/testdsgn.html"

Codenamed Roadrunner, the new machine will be installed at DOE's Los Alamos National Laboratory. Designed to conserve space and power consumption, the system will incorporated advanced cooling and power management technology and will occupy 12,000 square feet of floor space, approximately the size of three basketball courts.
    snip

http://www.ibm.com/news/us/en/2006/09/2006_09_07.html

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    I'll bet you're quite the sight !
    It's not a visible process. ;) From the outside.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    It's not a visible process. ;) From the outside.
    Neither is playing pocket pool:)