Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Ginsberg says abortion was supposed to kill undesirables 
    http://www.cnsnews.com/public/conten...x?RsrcID=50819
    http://musketballs.donstott.us/2009/...her-wrong.aspx

Justice Ginsburg Says She Originally Thought Roe v. Wade Was Designed to Limit 'Populations That We Don’t Want to Have Too Many Of'

(CNSNews.com) – In an interview to be published in Sunday’s New York Times Magazine, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said she thought the landmark Roe v. Wade decision on abortion was predicated on the Supreme Court majority's desire to diminish “populations that we don’t want to have too many of.”

In the 90-minute interview in Ginsburg’s temporary chambers, Ginsburg gave the Times her perspective on Judge Sonia Sotomayor, President Obama’s first high court nomination. She also discussed her views on abortion.

Her comment about her belief that the court had wanted to limit certain populations through abortion came after the interviewer asked Ginsburg: “If you were a lawyer again, what would you want to accomplish as a future feminist agenda?”

“Reproductive choice has to be straightened out,” Ginsburg said. “There will never be a woman of means without choice anymore. That just seems to me so obvious. The states that changed their abortion laws before Roe (to make abortion legal) are not going to change back. So we have a policy that only affects poor women, and it can never be otherwise, and I don’t know why this hasn’t been said more often.”

Ginsburg discussed her surprise at the outcome of Harris v. McRae, a 1980 decision that upheld the Hyde Amendment, which prohibited the use of Medicaid and other federal funds for abortions.

Here’s a transcript of that portion of the Times' interview:

Q. Are you talking about the distances women have to travel because in parts of the country, abortion is essentially unavailable, because there are so few doctors and clinics that do the procedure? And also, the lack of Medicaid for abortions for poor women?

Justice Ginsburg: Yes, the ruling about that surprised me. Frankly, I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of. So that Roe was going to be then set up for Medicaid funding for abortion. Which some people felt would risk coercing women into abortions when they didn’t really want them. But when the Court decided McRae, the case came out the other way. And then I realized that my perception of it had been altogether wrong.”

The comment suggested Ginsburg eventually changed her mind and concluded that Roe was not decided with the idea that abortion could be used to limit "growth in populations we don't want to have too many of." But she did not qualify her position that the policy enacted under the case put an unacceptable burden on poor women.
    The problem in the next four years will be not just that the president of the United States serially does not tell the truth. Instead, the real crisis in our brave new relativist world will be that those who demonstrate that he is untruthful will themselves be accused of lying. - Victor Davis Hanson

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    But NOOOOOOOO! It CAN'T be about eugenics!!! It's about a womens right to be rid of oppression from men!!!

I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    But NOOOOOOOO! It CAN'T be about eugenics!!! It's about a womens right to be rid of oppression from men!!!

If the Dimocrats get their way on this, her original views could be realized.

Having abortion mills everywhere with free government provided services for all would vastly expand the number of abortions obtained by those people she doesn't want.

rm -rf obama*

Banned
    If she was talking about democrats being the "undesirables" then maybe I would be for abortion.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    If she was talking about democrats being the "undesirables" then maybe I would be for abortion.
    When I heard this on TV, my first reaction was that this is racist as hell. I did not think she was talking about those women with blond hair and blue eyes. This just goes to show you how f. up in the head she is. If approved Sotomayer, will be an improvement over this leftist lunatic.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    When I heard this on TV, my first reaction was that this is racist as hell. I did not think she was talking about those women with blond hair and blue eyes. This just goes to show you how f. up in the head she is. If approved Sotomayer, will be an improvement over this leftist lunatic.
    No, if Sonia is approved, we'll just have TWO leftist lunatics on the bench.

rm -rf obama*

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    No, if Sonia is approved, we'll just have TWO leftist lunatics on the bench.
    Sonia replacing Ginsberg may be an improvement. Ginsberg would make Obama look like a moderate she is so far to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Sonia replacing Ginsberg may be an improvement. Ginsberg would make Obama look like a moderate she is so far to the left.
    Yeah, but the smart latina woman will be replacing Souter, Ginsberg, the ACLU hack, will still be there.

rm -rf obama*

I wonder how they feel about this when some parents decide that homosexual babies are undesirable?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    I wish Bush would have had another chance to replace a Justice on the High court. :(

Not a conservative or middle of the road one but a true dye in the wool libtard.