Thread: Palin Hints At Independent Conservative Movement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Palin Hints At Independent Conservative Movement 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    "Great Idea Sarah.Start a new Ultra Conservative movement and Dump these Rinos !"

In an interview with the Washington Times, Palin makes her most direct comments yet about Conservativism versus the Republican Party. In my humble opinion, itís clear the GOP, unfortunately, is lost beyond the point of return. When youíre one year out of key campaigns to take back Congress in 2010 and Meghan McCain is The Oracle of the party, you know itís over. If Tina Brown thought Ms. McCainís willingness to be a Useful Idiot for liberals would undermine the conservative movement (and consequently Sarah Palin), she should take a serious and long look at what their attacks on Palin

http://tammybruce.com/2009/07/palin-...-movement.html.

When Palin announced her resignation I questioned on this forum if possibly her intent was to not run under the traditional Republican umbrella. I didn't find much agreement here. Looks like I may have been correct after all.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

A few years ago, I would have thought this was a great idea. Now I see what a total non-starter this is.

If the 'real conservative' politicians and voters wanted to leave the GOP, they would have done so already. People are still clinging to the GOP for dishonest reasons. They claim it's because they're waiting for a 'real conservative leader' to rise, but then they go and vote for guys like Bush and McCain. Waiting for a 'real conservative' indeed. You're waiting for a real conservative...and in the meantime, you'll vote for whomever the RNC tells you to. Way to take a stand.

If George Washington were still alive and decided to run third party, he might get a few dozen more votes than Bob Barr did in 2008, and your average Republican would say "well, I liked his platform, but he had no chance of winning, so I held my nose and voted for Olympia Snowe."

The people have spoken, and party is more important than principles. The sooner Sarah Palin realizes that, the less embarrassing it will be for her in the long run.
    Last edited by Troll; 07-11-2009 at 04:05 PM.
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    A few years ago, I would have thought this was a great idea. Now I see what a total non-starter this is.

If the 'real conservative' politicians and voters wanted to leave the GOP, they would have done so already. People are still clinging to the GOP for dishonest reasons. They claim it's because they're waiting for a 'real conservative leader' to rise, but then they go and vote for guys like Bush and McCain. Waiting for a 'real conservative' indeed. You're waiting for a real conservative...and in the meantime, you'll vote for whomever the RNC tells you to. Way to take a stand.

If George Washington were still alive and decided to run third party, he might get a few dozen more votes than Bob Barr did in 2008, and your average Republican would say "well, I liked his platform, but he had no chance of winning, so I held my nose and voted for Olympia Snowe."

The people have spoken, and party is more important than principles. The sooner Sarah Palin realizes that, the less embarrassing it will be for her in the long run.
    Americas is turning more Conservative in droves.After Obama screws up the country totally they will be ready for a more traditional approach to government and stop this change for changes sake bull crap !

If that is true then it really doesn't make any difference who is in power. We are either slaves to the Republican party or a slaves to the Democrats.

Principles and values are ALWAYS more important that party.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    If that is true then it really doesn't make any difference who is in power.
    That's pretty much the basis for 90+% of my political views, so no argument there.

We are either slaves to the Republican party or a slaves to the Democrats.
    Or both. Or maybe we're slaves to the mentality that states that there's a difference between them.

Principles and values are ALWAYS more important that party.
    I'd like to believe that that's true for most Americans, but if it were, there would be no "I held my nose and voted for..." If we were putting principles above party, McCain would have gotten a fraction of the votes he did.
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

When there are 2 viable candidates, you vote for the one that is closest to your own beliefs. Every idiot that did not vote for McCain helped put Pres Obama in charge of our nation. Way to go.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    When there are 2 viable candidates, you vote for the one that is closest to your own beliefs. Every idiot that did not vote for McCain helped put Pres Obama in charge of our nation. Way to go.
    And every time we give in to the republican party and vote for whoever they see fit to shove down our throats it makes them that much bolder and more likely to feed us crap. Why not? We will exept whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    And every time we give in to the republican party and vote for whoever they see fit to shove down our throats it makes them that much bolder and more likely to feed us crap. Why not? We will exept whatever!
    The Republican Party? Did they cancel the primary this last time around?
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    The Republican Party? Did they cancel the primary this last time around?
    They may as well have. Huckabee should have dropped out like a gentleman. I like him much better as a minister than a politician!