Thread: Palin Hints At Independent Conservative Movement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    You also have to look at our current primary system to see how McCain ended up with the nomination. The way it's set up now, the media has more of an influence than many would believe. Voters are still feeling out the candidates when the first of the state primaries are being held. They look to those first few to see who has the momentum. How the media plays off the winners, sadly enough, has a lot of influence to other voters still making up their minds early in the race. By the time the primaries came along to my state, it was almost as if my vote didn't matter.

Banned
    What many conservatives/libertarians do not understand is that if 100% of conservatives voted for a Repub. in a Presidential campaign, it would still not be enough to get him or her elected. It is the "INDEPENDENTS STUPID" that turn elections. All this baloney about the election being lost because conservatives stayed at home and did not vote for McCain is a bunch of crap. He lost because Independents voted overwhelmingly for Obama. Pure and simple. Since Independent make up around 30%of the electorate, they are the key to winning elections along with the Repubs getting their base out.

Palin would have the Repub. leaders shaking in their boots if she decided to run as a 3rd party candidate. I hope she does not. Let's say neither of the candidates won enough delegates and it got thrown into the H. of Rep., there would not be a China-man's chance she would win. Voting would go down party lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    You also have to look at our current primary system to see how McCain ended up with the nomination. The way it's set up now, the media has more of an influence than many would believe. Voters are still feeling out the candidates when the first of the state primaries are being held. They look to those first few to see who has the momentum. How the media plays off the winners, sadly enough, has a lot of influence to other voters still making up their minds early in the race. By the time the primaries came along to my state, it was almost as if my vote didn't matter.
    YUP! and too damn many of those early states have either open primaries or same day registration. :mad: BOTH need to end.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/s...14/235432.html

Speculation is increasing among former aides, political journalists, and even Rush Limbaugh that Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is considering forming a third party as an alternative for conservatives.
    Palin, the former GOP vice presidential nominee who stunned the political world when she resigned two weeks ago with 18 months left in her term, also posted a link to a column speculating about such a move on her Facebook page.
    Two articles, one from conservative writer Tammy Bruce, the other in The Washington Times, suggest she may be considering leaving the Republican Party to form a third party.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.