Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 New poll not good news for Sotomayor or Obama 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    A new CNN poll has revealed numbers that are hardly a ringing endorsement either of President Obama or his nominee to the Supreme Court. Regarding CNN's polling, there is a large disparity between their poll that says 72% feels Obama "inspires confidence" and their poll that shows that only 47% has confidence in his decision to nominate Sotomayor. It calls into question the accuracy of CNN's polling and whether Obama's positive numbers in other polls are skewed. The fact that only 70% of Democrats want to see her confirmed is also a poor number. One would think the number would...

http://www.examiner.com/x-6572-NY-Ob...mayor-or-Obama

When you can ram through huge stimulus spending without even reading the bill, I hardly see public opinion as an issue.

The other 30% of Democrats believe Sotomayor is far too conservative and an even more radical leftist should be nominated in her place.
    The problem in the next four years will be not just that the president of the United States serially does not tell the truth. Instead, the real crisis in our brave new relativist world will be that those who demonstrate that he is untruthful will themselves be accused of lying. - Victor Davis Hanson

Quote Originally Posted by samurai View Post
    The other 30% of Democrats believe Sotomayor is far too conservative and an even more radical leftist should be nominated in her place.
    I'd rather have her sitting in the corner drooling than some evil genius redesigning our country from the bench!

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I'd rather have her sitting in the corner drooling than some evil genius redesigning our country from the bench!
    That's true. BTW I like the beatnick avatar. Reminds me of Maynard G. Crebs.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    When you can ram through huge stimulus spending without even reading the bill, I hardly see public opinion as an issue.
    That's exactly right. The people in power don't give a damn about what the public thinks.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    That's exactly right. The people in power don't give a damn about what the public thinks.
    They do - but only in so far as vote go. They'll do things they think will win them votes - like switch parties . . . . *cough* Spector
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

She's on the court, now that Franken has been confirmed. There might be a lot of debate about it, but without a couple of dems crossing over, there's no chance of a filibuster.

Elections have consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    She's on the court, now that Franken has been confirmed. There might be a lot of debate about it, but without a couple of dems crossing over, there's no chance of a filibuster.

I think there could well be a couple of dems crossing over. Some of those Blue Dogs are up for reelection this coming year . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

Probably but not necessarily true. Kennedy and Byrd are sick so the Democrats may not be able to count on them. Like Policon stated; some of those Democ. blue dogs are up for re-election. The longer the Repubs drag it out, the better the chances that she will not be confirmed.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 07-13-2009 at 01:11 PM.