Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Close friend of Palin’s: She’ll seriously consider running for president 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    No way to tell if this is a real window onto her mind or just spin to salve the wound of a tough day, but the Palinistas deserve some hope.

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin plans to remain extremely visible and will give serious consideration to running for president in 2012, but has made no decision, a close friend said after her startling announcement Friday that she will resign her office…

Those friends say she plans to give a series of paid speeches, and will also make free GOP appearances, raising money for the party and for issues. She also plans to help other candidates, collecting political IOUs for herself…

Friends said Palin brushes off hostile news coverage but feels that the ethics complaints in Alaska – accompanied by attacks in the legislature, and the relentless pounding she was taking at home – were taking a toll on her family and her state. So she believes the decision was selfless, the friends said.

But:

“She has never been able to deliver a succinct message and this one was all over the place when this really needed to be one of her best performances,” a Republican congressional official said.

“While it is absolutely true that people in Alaska were trying to tear her down with false charges, it doesn’t look good that when she was faced with adversity and attacks on her character that she threw in the towel. … She needed to go away for a while and bone up on issues. Truly bewildering.”

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/07/0...for-president/

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    The only thing I can think of is she is prepping for a run for a senate seat come 2010, to gain the experience she will need. In stepping down, she can start putting together her comity for the Senate run. And by being out, in a lame duck Governor ship, she wont be blamed for nothing be accomplished.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    The only thing I can think of is she is prepping for a run for a senate seat come 2010, to gain the experience she will need. In stepping down, she can start putting together her comity for the Senate run. And by being out, in a lame duck Governor ship, she wont be blamed for nothing be accomplished.
    My theory is she struck a deal with Todd. . .if you want '12 bad enough, probably cut bait now. . .you'll need the time to rest and bone up on what you'll need to know.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Sarah what have you got in store for us? The liberal feminists are already foaming at the mouth.

In case you haven’t heard, Sarah Palin just resigned as Governor of Alaska. She will be ending her reign in a couple of weeks and the Lt. Governor will be taking over. Of course many pundits are coming out and trying to figure out her reasons – everything from ‘she couldn’t take it’ to ‘she’s going to run for President in 2012’. If you look at her speech to the people of Alaska, you will see that she is leaving for the good of the people. From her speech today below:

“Political operatives descended on Alaska last August, digging for dirt. The ethics law I championed became their weapon of choice. Over the past nine months I’ve been accused of all sorts of frivolous ethics violations – such as holding a fish in a photograph, wearing a jacket with a logo on it, and answering reporters’ questions.

Every one – all 15 of the ethics complaints have been dismissed. We’ve won! But it hasn’t been cheap – the State has wasted THOUSANDS of hours of YOUR tie and shelled out some two million of YOUR dollars to respond to “opposition research” – that’s money NOT going to fund teachers or troopers – or safer roads. And this political absurdity, the “politics of personal destruction” … Todd and I are looking at more than half a million dollars in legal bills in order to set the record straight. And what about the people who offer up these silly accusations? It doesn’t cost them a dime so they’re not going to stop draining public resources – spending other peoples’ money in their game.”

http://www.examiner.com/x-9100-Bosto...g-at-the-mouth

Banned
    How do you fools make sense of this ?

She claims Obama doesn't have enough experience to be prez, so she quits her job before her first term is up ?

She claims Obama can't handle the media pressure, so she quits because of media pressure.

How does this help her ? ...how does quiting and cutting and running help her ?

Japandroid
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Experience that is enough for Palin but wasn't enough for Obama? What?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Japandroid View Post
    Experience that is enough for Palin but wasn't enough for Obama? What?
    Experience as a Governor surpasses a community organizer and part time senator. That's what. You 2 mental midgets were not joined at the head were you?
    Last edited by lacarnut; 07-04-2009 at 09:32 AM.

I think it might be time for Republicans to see the writing on the wall, that Palin is most likely not going to be the one to lead us out of the wilderness.

Japandroid
    Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    I think it might be time for Republicans to see the writing on the wall, that Palin is most likely not going to be the one to lead us out of the wilderness.
    You should've noticed that when she single-handedly tore apart the McCain campaign.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    Jeeesh, ya think ?