Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    The alerts go to our e-mail addresses, and the spam usually gets cleaned up pretty quickly.

    As Bijou mentioned, it usually works more efficiently to send an on-line moderator a PM.
    which would require us to know who is online - and for there to be one online!
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Super Moderator bijou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,207
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    which would require us to know who is online - and for there to be one online!
    The panel on the front page shows who is online at any particular time. It's at the bottom of the page.

    What's Going On?
    Currently Active Users: 115 (28 members and 87 guests)

    Most users ever online was 717, 09-04-2008 at 06:38 PM.
    bijou, 3rd-try, aerojarod, alaskamomma, Elspeth, gator, hoplophobe, jawilljr, Lager, Lars1701a, linda22003, marv, noonwitch, PeterF73, PoliCon, Rebel Yell, Rockntractor, satanica, stsinner, TandT, Teetop, tomg303, wilbur, YupItsMe
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    The panel on the front page shows who is online at any particular time. It's at the bottom of the page.
    That's the place to look. Some Mods are invisible but I never am. However, as Ralph said, it's usually better to PM Mods (including me) if there is a problem.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    just because someone shows as online does not mean that they are in fact - on line.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    just because someone shows as online does not mean that they are in fact - on line.
    I guess not but what's your point? Mods aren't going to agree to some kind of monitoring schedule. Generally, when people are on but not actively reading the board they will check it every hour or so. That's about the best anybody can hope for.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    hey - if the owners and the staff don't care - what can a lowly member do.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    hey - if the owners and the staff don't care - what can a lowly member do.
    It's not a matter of "not caring". A PM usually gets pretty quick and individual attention. You (I mean the collective "you") may not always agree that a situation doesn't require intervention. If you are the so-called aggressor, you (I mean the collective "you") may feel that what intervention we do is unwarranted and stupidly intrusive.

    It's a fine line. That we manage to attract centrists, paleo-conservatives, lefties, and the Great Unaffiliated means that our level of oversight is generally acceptable. ;)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Sonnabend
    Guest
    :p no one was even thinking of you.
    You<===============



    point <=======
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    It's not a matter of "not caring". A PM usually gets pretty quick and individual attention. You (I mean the collective "you") may not always agree that a situation doesn't require intervention. If you are the so-called aggressor, you (I mean the collective "you") may feel that what intervention we do is unwarranted and stupidly intrusive.

    It's a fine line. That we manage to attract centrists, paleo-conservatives, lefties, and the Great Unaffiliated means that our level of oversight is generally acceptable. ;)
    I'n not talking about the people and various forms of subhuman life that come here and post for the sake of discussion. I'm talking about when someone shows up at the door and they go off posting spam - or God forbid - PRON!!1!!
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I'n not talking about the people and various forms of subhuman life that come here and post for the sake of discussion. I'm talking about when someone shows up at the door and they go off posting spam - or God forbid - PRON!!1!!
    Well, we do the best we can. ;)
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •