1. #1 Yarrrgghhh! Bigmouth right-wing wacko contractor working on my house! 
    link

MorningGlow (1000+ posts) Mon Jul-13-09 02:23 PM
    Original message
    Yarrrgghhh! Bigmouth right-wing wacko contractor working on my house!
    zOMG I am just about ready to go off on this guy. He will NOT shut up and it's like hearing Free Republic brought to life in my own house! (He's talking to his coworkers; I'm in the living room trying to work.) First he was ranting about how Michael Jackson was a child molester (I have no opinion on that either way, but I guess he doesn't know what the word "acquitted" means); now he's going on and on about how we HAVE to model our government on the bible because if we don't "we're acting like we know better than Jesus!"

I should note that this guy is not the owner of the business. The owner is here, as is his father, also working, and they are the nicest guys you'd ever care to meet. But this other one...gaaah!

They're working quickly, which means he'll be outta here in a few days' time, give or take, and thank goodness. But I might have to make myself scarce until they're done; otherwise I fear my blood pressure will suffer.
    Do you suppose any of them will simply say-be polite and ask then to not talk so loud-or ask then to not talk about x,y, or z? A few do (but even those used crude language in their comment), but most are just plain rude.
    butterfly77 (1000+ posts) Mon Jul-13-09 05:15 PM
    Response to Reply #1
    33. Put on Ed Shultz or a michael jackson cd and blast it!!!
    or Air america....
    madrchsod (1000+ posts) Mon Jul-13-09 02:28 PM
    Response to Original message
    5. you should ask them to find another laborer because
    the guy is offending you. they should tell him to shut his mouth or he`s fired. you are the boss--you are paying them.
    WeDidIt (1000+ posts) \
    7. I'd sure as shit say something
    This is what I would say to the owner.

"Look, I'm paying you guys to do this work. If I had wanted to hear some idiot spew rightwing garbage I'd turn on my television, tune into Fox News, and turn it up as loud as your jerk employee. Either take care of it now or pack up and leave. I won't pay for that kind of crap."
    libnnc (1000+ posts)
    9. It's your house so he can shut his freaking pie hole or leave.
    lpbk2713 (1000+ posts) Mon Jul-13-09 02:37 PM
    12. It's very unprofessional of him to express unsolicited personal opinions.
    Edited on Mon Jul-13-09 02:40 PM by lpbk2713

Particularly when he is a guest in your home. Do you have any bumper stickers on your car or anything else that would tip him off as to how your political sentiments go? If so, he isn't just expressing an opinion here, he is harrassing you. You need to call the prime contractor right now and tell him to get this clown to pack up his shit and GTF out of your house ASAP. Contractors know word-of-mouth is the best form of advertising. So if he is reluctant to do anything about this moran just let him know you will be more than happy to spread the word.
    stanwyck (1000+ posts) Mon Jul-13-09 02:38 PM
    13. we did a major renovation a few years ago. We made it
    clear right from the start (since we knew this was going to take a while, and we continued to live at the house), that we didn't want rightwing radio on while we were home. The market is so competitive right now for contractors and crew, they should be cognizant that driving up in pickup trucks with Confederate Flags and A Good Liberal is a Dead Liberal is not a way to win contracts.
    I've turned away painters, firewood guys, and tree and lawn service crews because I didn't want their vehicles parked in front of my house with hate-filled bumper stickers.
    ProudToBeBlueInRhody (1000+ posts) Mon Jul-13-09 02:58 PM
    18. Yell out the window that if you wanted to hear an asshole......
    ....Hanitty and Limpballs are on right now. You don't pay him to act like one, just to work.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    butterfly77 (1000+ posts) Mon Jul-13-09 05:15 PM
    Response to Reply #1
    33. Put on Ed Shultz or a michael jackson cd and blast it!!!
    or Air america....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Sorry Buttercup, they (AA) probably aren't even on in that market. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

What do you want to bet that the same people who want to shut up this guy would be calling in the ACLU if anyone tried to do the same to them.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

The guy probably saw all the idiotic bumpstickers on the Prius, parked in the driveway....

Quote Originally Posted by Teetop View Post
    The guy probably saw all the idiotic bumpstickers on the Prius, parked in the driveway....
    ROTFL! I love the way your mind works! :D

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    What do you want to bet that the same people who want to shut up this guy would be calling in the ACLU if anyone tried to do the same to them.
    These guys never live by the standards they set for others.

Besides, if you cause this guys to lose his job over political bullsh*t, just remember, he knows where you live ...dumbass :D
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Right...more than likely the dude was talkin about tools, sex or booze....
    Say what ya mean and get to the point quick....I don't have the attention span to listen to bullshit...

First he was ranting about how Michael Jackson was a child molester (I have no opinion on that either way, but I guess he doesn't know what the word "acquitted" means);
    Apparently morninglow doesn't know what acquitted means either.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

The last construction workers I had at my house left a mess in my yard-I found nails, and more than a couple, around, and cigarette butts everywhere.

I'd rather have the guy who hate Michael Jackson, than that mess.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The last construction workers I had at my house left a mess in my yard-I found nails, and more than a couple, around, and cigarette butts everywhere.

I'd rather have the guy who hate Michael Jackson, than that mess.
    which is why you do your inspecting before you give them their money and make them bring anything and everything up to snuff.