Does this make any sense to anyone? It made my head kinda spin.

RGBolen (1000+ posts) Tue Jul-08-08 09:43 PM
Original message
Wanting to end dependence on foreign oil is a racist position. ]Edited on Tue Jul-08-08 09:45 PM by RGBolen
Wanting to end dependence on oil is a fine position to take but wanting to end our "dependence on foreign oil," comes from either a racists mindset or extreme nationalism. Of course there isn't really a way to determine which of those is more vile. If we are dependent on oil what does it matter to what human beings we pay? Of course we pay many people who live in North America for our oil, but that isn't who people who want to "end our dependence on foreign oil," see when they say that.

I have to say I wasn't surprised to see Mr. Pickens spouting such garbage on CNN today.
Sooooooooo.... wanting to obtain oil independence by producing it on our own is rasict because, what, we owe the middle eastern countries our oil business???

RGBolen (1000+ posts) Tue Jul-08-08 09:54 PM
Response to Reply #5
9. No joke, why would it matter who we are paying for our oil?
Being dependent is being dependent, doesn't matter to who unless you are a racist or some ubur-nationalist.

BigDaddy44 (986 posts) Tue Jul-08-08 10:36 PM
Response to Reply #9
21. Yeah
I'd rather pay someone from this country so the money gets pumped back into the economy, as opposed to shipping all of our money offshore.
I'd rather pay my neighbor for food than pay someone in Chile, or Germany, or Japan. Money stays here. You see, HE takes that money, and maybe he buys something from me. Simple enough for you?

RGBolen (1000+ posts) Tue Jul-08-08 10:07 PM
Response to Reply #12
13. The nationalist reasoning for it is just as disgusting as the racist reasoning for it.
Don't worry RG, the nice men in the white coats will be coming soon...

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3584274