Thread: Wanting to end dependence on foreign oil is a racist position.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Wanting to end dependence on foreign oil is a racist position. 
    Does this make any sense to anyone? It made my head kinda spin.

RGBolen (1000+ posts) Tue Jul-08-08 09:43 PM
    Original message
    Wanting to end dependence on foreign oil is a racist position. ]Edited on Tue Jul-08-08 09:45 PM by RGBolen
    Wanting to end dependence on oil is a fine position to take but wanting to end our "dependence on foreign oil," comes from either a racists mindset or extreme nationalism. Of course there isn't really a way to determine which of those is more vile. If we are dependent on oil what does it matter to what human beings we pay? Of course we pay many people who live in North America for our oil, but that isn't who people who want to "end our dependence on foreign oil," see when they say that.

I have to say I wasn't surprised to see Mr. Pickens spouting such garbage on CNN today.
    Sooooooooo.... wanting to obtain oil independence by producing it on our own is rasict because, what, we owe the middle eastern countries our oil business???

RGBolen (1000+ posts) Tue Jul-08-08 09:54 PM
    Response to Reply #5
    9. No joke, why would it matter who we are paying for our oil?
    Being dependent is being dependent, doesn't matter to who unless you are a racist or some ubur-nationalist.

BigDaddy44 (986 posts) Tue Jul-08-08 10:36 PM
    Response to Reply #9
    21. Yeah
    I'd rather pay someone from this country so the money gets pumped back into the economy, as opposed to shipping all of our money offshore.
    I'd rather pay my neighbor for food than pay someone in Chile, or Germany, or Japan. Money stays here. You see, HE takes that money, and maybe he buys something from me. Simple enough for you?

RGBolen (1000+ posts) Tue Jul-08-08 10:07 PM
    Response to Reply #12
    13. The nationalist reasoning for it is just as disgusting as the racist reasoning for it.
    Don't worry RG, the nice men in the white coats will be coming soon...

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3584274
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace

BigDaddy44 (986 posts) Tue Jul-08-08 10:36 PM
    Response to Reply #9
    21. Yeah
    I'd rather pay someone from this country so the money gets pumped back into the economy, as opposed to shipping all of our money offshore.
    I'd rather pay my neighbor for food than pay someone in Chile, or Germany, or Japan. Money stays here. You see, HE takes that money, and maybe he buys something from me. Simple enough for you?
    Dang, you almost made it to 1,000 posts. What you should've said was "Buy more oil from Chavez."

I see a large block of stone in your future.

RGBolen (1000+ posts) Tue Jul-08-08 10:07 PM
    Response to Reply #12
    13. The nationalist reasoning for it is just as disgusting as the racist reasoning for it.
    Stop being such a nationalist and quit your job. All you're doing is supporting empire with your taxes and that is truly disgusting. Quit your job and refuse welfare. That will really make a point to those evil nationalist, racists, corporate thugs in the trilateral commission and the council on foreign affairs.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

It has always been a sore spot for me that we haven't discovered any White oil. It is unimaginable and intolerable in today's enlightened environment to tolerate a total monopoly of Black Oil. I demand White Oil and I mean now!!!!!:mad:

Oh, and from now on I say we import pure Scandinavian and Anglo oil. ME oil is too polarizing.

Banned
    They should make room for this turkey in a mental institution

skoooo and bigdaddy gets a lot of credit in that argument, they are calm, collected, and have more than half a brain.

that being said. they are most likely moles.

Wait a minute: the argument that whites can be racist while blacks can't relies on the notion of "institutionalized racism" where whites are in charge of the institutions. A black person can say "whitey" or "cracker" all he wants, deny white people jobs in his store, etc. and that's ok because he's not in charge of the system. A white person who doesn't hire a black person for her store is racist because she is allegedly part of the white power elite.

Now if we transfer this to oil, we in the US are being racist against the Arabs if we don't want to buy our oil from them because--uh--we run the oil business? White Americans are in charge of the oil economy?

It is too bad that these idiots cancel out our votes.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    It has always been a sore spot for me that we haven't discovered any White oil. It is unimaginable and intolerable in today's enlightened environment to tolerate a total monopoly of Black Oil. I demand White Oil and I mean now!!!!!:mad:

Oh, and from now on I say we import pure Scandinavian and Anglo oil. ME oil is too polarizing.
    But black oil is faster, stronger and get's much larger NFL contracts than white oil.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    But black oil is faster, stronger and get's much larger NFL contracts than white oil.
    LOL! Not to mention that black oil practically has a monopoly in the NBA!
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace