Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

You and I and everyone else knows you posted that as a slam at Sonnabend. Does he have any more control of what his government does than you or I do in this country?

Don't pretend to be all high and mighty about it. We all know lots of truths but we don't throw them in people's faces.

You don't give a rat's bark about anyone on this board and you've proven it time and again.

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Yep. If the mission isn't completed.

The Australian people (the same ones that gave up their right to keep and bear arms) voted in a Left Wing cut and run government. The government did exactly what the people wanted.

There are still Coalition troops dying in Iraq and the Australians were too chickenshit to stick it out.

Not very reliable allies if you ask me.

The Australian troops will do as good a job as any Coalition member but the government decided to cut and run. They left a few support troops behind but they won't be in harm's way.

If you remember what I said when I endorsed Ron Paul was that I differed from him in thinking we needed to complete the mission in Iraq before extracting ourselves from Middle East interventionism. If we donít complete the mission we will be withdrawing from a position of weakness instead of strength.
    So you are saying you would have voted for a chickenshit basically then?

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeper View Post
    So you are saying you would have voted for a chickenshit basically then?
    I actually did vote for him in the Florida Primary so the answer is yes.

However, I didnít vote for him because of that issue. In fact I said I differ with him on that issue.

I addressed that point very clearly in my endorsement. I said that his policies on fiscal responsibility and smaller government were much more important to our country that getting our ass kicked in Iraq.

We can survive an asskicking if we have a strong economy. If we donít have a strong economy then we will hurt a whole lot more in the long run.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post

You and I and everyone else knows you posted that as a slam at Sonnabend. Does he have any more control of what his government does than you or I do in this country?

Don't pretend to be all high and mighty about it. We all know lots of truths but we don't throw them in people's faces.

You don't give a rat's bark about anyone on this board and you've proven it time and again.
    So no posting of articles critical of Australia because it may offend one of our members?

OK, I understand the rules now.

Political correctness is a whole lot more important than discussing the issues.

I guess I am too old school CU. I remember the good old days a few years ago when we took on all the issues and let the chips fall where they may.

I'll go take my nap now.

I don't make any rules here. I am just cognizant of other people's feelings, especially respected members of this board.

If you want a solitary pulpit, keep it up.
    Not for me to say.

Were those the good old days before you ran everybody off

So no posting of articles critical of Australia because it may offend one of our members?

OK, I understand the rules now.

Political correctness is a whole lot more important than discussing the issues.

I guess I am too old school CU. I remember the good old days a few years ago when we took on all the issues and let the chips fall where they may.

I'll go take my nap now.
    I remember the good old days, too, was there from almost the beginning. It's one thing to post articles; quite another to say it in a manner antagonistic to a fellow mod and good member. It's all in the phrasing, my dear Gator. Calling someone chickenshit because of what his country, not what he does, is just that-----chickenshit.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I don't make any rules here. I am just cognizant of other people's feelings, especially respected members of this board.

If you want a solitary pulpit, keep it up.
    Not for me to say.

Were those the good old days before you ran everybody off
    I also post on an UK site.

Most of the members there are pro American although a couple are real Left Wingers.

About half of them are either current or ex military including officers. Several of them served in A-stain and/or Iraq. They are all stanch British patriots.

A few months ago I posted a thread saying that it was chickenshit for them to withdraw from the fight in Basra. If you remember the Brits withdrew to a compound in Basra and effectively got out of the fight.

Instead of being indignant they agreed with me. We were able to discuss how the UK had let down its closest ally. They understood the decision was driven by a more left leaning government. We had a great discussion on it.

I guess the difference is that many of these guys had served and knew the meaning of cowardice. They know the real meaning of honor and commitment. They also were able to understand that a government can be chickenshit and the troops still be brave.

I will be just as (if not more) critical of my government if we cut and run from Iraq before the job is completed. You may remember me being critical of the US government for doing the ole cut and run in Vietnam and I actually served in that conflict.

Sorry if I am not politically correct enough for CU.

Now I know why I left for a while. Gator's BS.
    Yes..this camera is heavy.
    No...you can't be on TV.
    Look kid, go bother the reporter...I'm busy!!!

Real allies don't elect Left Wing governments and then cut and run on you.
    So if Obama is elected in Nov you will put up with being called chickenshit?

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. -Robert Heinlein"

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkHalo View Post
    So if Obama is elected in Nov you will put up with being called chickenshit?
    We were chikenshit with Vietnam we can be chickenshits with Iraq.