Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    We were chikenshit with Vietnam we can be chickenshits with Iraq.
    I did not say "we" gator and I am sure you know exactly what I meant.

Will YOU tolerate being called chickenshit if our country elects obama? Yes or no?

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. -Robert Heinlein"

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkHalo View Post
    I did not say "we" gator and I am sure you know exactly what I meant.

Will YOU tolerate being called chickenshit if our country elects obama? Yes or no?
    YES!!!!!

Is that clear enough?

Australia turns chckenshit on us:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,361248,00.html
    You just had to read the rest of the article- It looks like they did thier job there but are still committed to Afghanistan. Not quite chickenshit!

The soldiers, as well as 65 army trainers, were stationed at Talil, about 185 miles south of Baghdad, and were responsible for providing security training for Iraqi forces, as well as reconstruction and aid work. They have been on standby to offer backup to Iraqi forces in the south for the past two years.

In February, the head of Australia's defense force, Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston, told a Senate inquiry that the troops were no longer needed in Iraq.

Rudd remains committed to keeping Australia's 1,000 troops in Afghanistan.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    You just had to read the rest of the article- It looks like they did thier job there but are still committed to Afghanistan. Not quite chickenshit!

The soldiers, as well as 65 army trainers, were stationed at Talil, about 185 miles south of Baghdad, and were responsible for providing security training for Iraqi forces, as well as reconstruction and aid work. They have been on standby to offer backup to Iraqi forces in the south for the past two years.

In February, the head of Australia's defense force, Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston, told a Senate inquiry that the troops were no longer needed in Iraq.

Rudd remains committed to keeping Australia's 1,000 troops in Afghanistan.
    Did you read the part where they said they are not going to do that nasty combat stuff anymore?

Did you read the part where they said they are not going to do that nasty combat stuff anymore?

If you mean in Iraq, yea you are right, but they still seem committed to Afghanistan and to keep helping in economical ways in Iraq.

Yet there remains a solid commitment from Australia to assist the Iraqi people. That is why the Government is providing $140 million in aid and reconstruction funds, retaining the naval contingent to help protect the 95 per cent of Iraqi budgetary revenue that flows from Iraqi oil, and the security detachment to protect our diplomatic staff.

The withdrawal of combat troops from Iraq also makes operational sense. The Australian Defence Force is overly stretched with deployments in Afghanistan, the Solomon Islands and East Timor to name a few. By contrast, the 550 Australian combat troops providing security cover to the southern provinces of Al Muthanna and Dhi Qar have not been called out once to back up local Iraqi forces since successfully handing over security responsibility to the Iraqi authorities in late 2006.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

So what we have here is a redeployment of combat troops now that their mission is over....So I guess Gator will call us chickenshits when the same thing is done with American forces. The real reason behind Gator's starting this thread is his hatred for Sonnabend, nothing more.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    The people who watch your back whilst you sleep.
    The people who keep watch on some of the worst jihadi hotbeds in the world

Any more questions?.
    Plus 1 & thanks to you and your countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerSGT View Post

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    So what we have here is a redeployment of combat troops now that their mission is over....So I guess Gator will call us chickenshits when the same thing is done with American forces. The real reason behind Gator's starting this thread is his hatred for Sonnabend, nothing more.
    That is not what the article said.

Did you read both the articles that I posted?

The newly elected Left Wing government of Australia decided that they were not going to do combat operations in Iraq any more. It was not part of a Coalition redeployment plan. It was part of an unilateral cut and run in Iraq plan by the Australians.

It is not that much different that what the Brits did in Basra. It is what we will do if Obama or Clinton gets elected. It is leaving before the mission is completed.

Other Coalition troops will have to take up the slack.

Sonnabend
    The real reason behind Gator's starting this thread is his hatred for Sonnabend, nothing more.
    Sadly, this is true.