Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Sadly, this is true.
    This thread was abut the decision of an ally to cut and run from combat operations.

I even provided a link to Austrailian Army Officers that agreed with me.

It had nothing to do with individuals.

My country will do the same chickenshit thing if Obama or Clinton is elected.

My country DID the same chickenshit thing in Vietnam. We let down an ally and millions died because of it.

This thread is about politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    We have troops in Afghanistan and that number will increase as time goes on, Our navy works the gulf.Our civiilian advisors remain.

Two thirds of our troops remain in Iraq and more to go to other theatres.The troops that come home will rest, retrain, re equip and then redeploy, probably to Afghanistan.

Or Timor. Or the Philippines. Or Aceh. Or the Solomons where trouble is brewing.

We are not "chickenshit" and I am offended beyond words at you, Gator.You know better than this..or you should.
    I can't fault your country for having enough of Iraq. I've had just about enough of Iraq too. Afghanistan is a noble cause and your country's assistance will be appreciated.
    I like to shoot people with my CANON.

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    This thread was abut the decision of an ally to cut and run from combat operations.

I even provided a link to Austrailian Army Officers that agreed with me.

It had nothing to do with individuals.

My country will do the same chickenshit thing if Obama or Clinton is elected.

My country DID the same chickenshit thing in Vietnam. We let down an ally and millions died because of it.

This thread is about politics.
    So, do you think we should still be over there fighting the Vietnam war? If McCain gets his way, we will be in Iraq for the next 20 years. Don't we ever just finish up a war anymore? Could you image if we fucked around this long with WWII?
    I like to shoot people with my CANON.

It wasn't that long ago I saw Gator saying that he supported a candidate who said he would pull out of Iraq. Now that said candidate is out of the race, has he defaulted to the only remaining candidate. I may be wrong, but I thought he said he wouldn't support McCain, no matter what?
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    It wasn't that long ago I saw Gator saying that he supported a candidate who said he would pull out of Iraq. Now that said candidate is out of the race, has he defaulted to the only remaining candidate. I may be wrong, but I thought he said he wouldn't support McCain, no matter what?
    I am not defalting to anybody.

I know nobody that is worth voting for.

McCain said he wouldn't leave Iraq until the job is completed and that is OK but he is wrong on many more issues. He won't seal the border, he has become an Environmnetal wacko, he won't withdraw from the Middle East after the Iraq mission is completed and he is just spouting the same old NeoCon shit when it comes to big government.

The Democrats are worse.

By the way, McCain was on TV this morning kissing the ass of the pro Israel lobby and promising another 50 years of Middle East interventionism . He promised them all the money and American blood their evil little hearts desire. Obama and Clinon will be giving the same ass kissing speech later on this week.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Full-Auto View Post
    So, do you think we should still be over there fighting the Vietnam war? If McCain gets his way, we will be in Iraq for the next 20 years. Don't we ever just finish up a war anymore? Could you image if we fucked around this long with WWII?
    Nixon had the right idea on Vietnam. Not much different than what we did in Korea. The Liberals would not allow that to happen.

If McCain gets his way we will be kissing the ass of the pro Israel lobby for the next 50 year, insuring terrorism at home and conflict abroad. But our "little buddies" the Israelis will be safe and isn't that always the most important thing in the world?

We need to listen to our Founding Fathers and less to the pro Israel lobby.

I am not defalting to anybody.

I know nobody that is worth voting for.

McCain said he wouldn't leave Iraq until the job is completed and that is OK but he is wrong on many more issues. He won't seal the border, he has become an Environmnetal wacko, he won't withdraw from the Middle East after the Iraq mission is completed and he is just spouting the same old NeoCon shit when it comes to big government.

The Democrats are worse.

By the way, McCain was on TV this morning kissing the ass of the pro Israel lobby and promising another 50 years of Middle East interventionism . He promised them all the money and American blood their evil little hearts desire. Obama and Clinon will be giving the same ass kissing speech later on this week.

But that wasn't OK about six months ago? What changed?
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Full-Auto View Post
    I can't fault your country for having enough of Iraq. I've had just about enough of Iraq too. Afghanistan is a noble cause and your country's assistance will be appreciated.
    As bad as it is staying in Iraq it would be worse to withdraw now.

You get into a lose-lose situation when you do stupid things.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    But that wasn't OK about six months ago? What changed?
    I don't understand your question.

My position since I realized the NeoCons were screwing up the country has been consistent.

We were wrong to get into Middle East politics 40 years ago. I have no clue why we invaded Iraq.

Since we are in Iraq we need to finish the mission so we can withdraw from a position of strength instead of weakness.

I don't understand your question.

My position since I realized the NeoCons were screwing up the country has been consistent.

We were wrong to get into Middle East politics 40 years ago. I have no clue why we invaded Iraq.

Since we are in Iraq we need to finish the mission so we can withdraw from a position of strength instead of weakness.

I may just be remembering wrong, since I can't pull up the archives, but wasn't Ron Pauls position to immediately begin to withdraw from Iraq?