Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11  
    Senior Member LogansPapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    Did the woman's prescription have to be shipped in from Venus? $312 is b.s.
    Hmmmmmmm. You've never known anyone with cancer, huh?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Senior Member MrsSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,393
    No wingnut would pay over $300 for a scrip... we're smart enough to ask Doc for something generic. Our doctors are really good by now, they don't even suggest the latest high dollar fad, they just call in the old reliable. :D
    -
    -
    -

    In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

    Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member Doc Savage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    179
    Folks with medicare get in what is called the "doughnut hole". We see it every day in home care. THey are covered from 0 to say 4K depending on thier plan. From 4K to 7 K they are responsible for at least 80%. After they reach 7K it goes back to a co-pay. It also depends on if the drug is on the covered list.

    Just the other day we had a patient that needed 1gm of Azactam IV for 10m days. When we ran their insurance, it ended up that they would be responsible for $580 just for that drug. It seems that Azactam is not on the formulary for the plan that they have.

    It sucks, but that is the fine plan that the congress of this US passed as medicare reform.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Savage View Post
    Folks with medicare ...

    It sucks, but that is the fine plan that the congress of this US passed as medicare reform.
    Are you trying to tell us that a government program is totally screwed up? No way! According to the Libiots and DUmmycRATS, government is the answer to all our woes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Member Doc Savage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Are you trying to tell us that a government program is totally screwed up? No way! According to the Libiots and DUmmycRATS, government is the answer to all our woes.
    DING DING DING DING......

    Patients get discharged all the time to home with home IV orders every day. Some of the plans will pay for the drugs but not the supplies that are needed to infuse the drug. We can do it for a patient for 25-40 bucks a day (different lines cost different amounts) per day. If the patient cannot pay that, they can go to the hospital every day to be infused. The hospital will charge a minimum of 300 to the govt per infusion. They also can bill a Q code for the infusion suite. What a deal. How would you like to trudge to the hospital (in rural kansas that can be a very long way away) 2 or 3 times a day. At the cost for us 25-40 we are breaking even, give us 75 -100 per day and we are in high cotton, even able to cover shipping costs. And, we save all of us tax payers money.

    Health care is a mess, and it is only going to get a lot worse!!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Savage View Post
    DING DING DING DING......

    Patients get discharged all the time to home with home IV orders every day. Some of the plans will pay for the drugs but not the supplies that are needed to infuse the drug. We can do it for a patient for 25-40 bucks a day (different lines cost different amounts) per day. If the patient cannot pay that, they can go to the hospital every day to be infused. The hospital will charge a minimum of 300 to the govt per infusion. They also can bill a Q code for the infusion suite. What a deal. How would you like to trudge to the hospital (in rural kansas that can be a very long way away) 2 or 3 times a day. At the cost for us 25-40 we are breaking even, give us 75 -100 per day and we are in high cotton, even able to cover shipping costs. And, we save all of us tax payers money.

    Health care is a mess, and it is only going to get a lot worse!!!!

    Sounds like the INDIVIDUAL CONSUMERS have been removed from their role as comparative shoppers. Those affected by the decisions are far removed from the decisions themselves. How is MORE bureaucracy especially govt. bureaucracy going to help this???


    It won't.

    The ONLY way to solve the healthcare problems we have is to let each individual look for the best plan that suits their own personal needs.

    Take the employers out of the equation and especially take the govt. out of the equation. You would have to do it gradually but it must be done.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Senior Member marinejcksn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Penn State
    Posts
    1,820
    Wait.....Bush runs the pharmaceutical industry? Oh the Humanity!:eek:
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Senior Member MrsSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Sounds like the INDIVIDUAL CONSUMERS have been removed from their role as comparative shoppers. Those affected by the decisions are far removed from the decisions themselves. How is MORE bureaucracy especially govt. bureaucracy going to help this???


    It won't.

    The ONLY way to solve the healthcare problems we have is to let each individual look for the best plan that suits their own personal needs.

    Take the employers out of the equation and especially take the govt. out of the equation. You would have to do it gradually but it must be done.
    As I mentioned above, my doctors look for the generic first thing...now. It took me nearly 3 years to get that done. Every single scrip, I'd mention, "My insurance covers __________. Do you know what this will cost and if there is a generic?" Almost every time, my doctor changed the scrip. I can recall one time in the last 6 years when my kid needed a medication that could not be replaced with a generic that would do the job just fine.

    So why do the doctors write the scrips for the fancy new stuff?? Because the patients generally don't care, most don't pay for their meds, anyway. If the insurance company covers med for a $25 co-pay, the patient doesn't even know that they're spending $300 to take care of an infection that $4 of penicillin could cure. Then we wonder why insurance costs so much...
    -
    -
    -

    In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

    Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Senior Member Doc Savage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    A.

    So why do the doctors write the scrips for the fancy new stuff?? Because the patients generally don't care, most don't pay for their meds, anyway. If the insurance company covers med for a $25 co-pay, the patient doesn't even know that they're spending $300 to take care of an infection that $4 of penicillin could cure. Then we wonder why insurance costs so much...
    Doc write for the new stuff because drug reps take them to dinner, baseball games, have hospitality suites at conferences, give stuff out like pens, pads, SAMPLES, SAMPLES, SAMPLES. Reps don't come into our pharmacy, my boss tears them a new one over the costs.

    And here is another little tid bit. Merck ownes a huge mail in pharmacy. This mail in pharmacy has contracts with some of the larger insurance plans in the country. If you get a script written for somthing that is made by Merck, the pharmacy fills it at a significant cost savings to the pharmacy, but the pharmacy charges the insurance company regular AWP -10 plus a filling fee. The insurance company spends the same no matter where it is filled, the patient pays the same co-pay no matter where it is filled, but Merck and the Pharmacy make money because they control the product. And FYI, Merck is not the only pharmaceutical company that does that. CVS also has a deal like this set up.

    And if you want to start talking about speciality drugs, (high dollar, orphan drugs, derived from blood products). the way that the producers control those products and how much they cost will make your blood boil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Savage View Post
    Folks with medicare get in what is called the "doughnut hole". We see it every day in home care. THey are covered from 0 to say 4K depending on thier plan. From 4K to 7 K they are responsible for at least 80%. After they reach 7K it goes back to a co-pay. It also depends on if the drug is on the covered list.

    Just the other day we had a patient that needed 1gm of Azactam IV for 10m days. When we ran their insurance, it ended up that they would be responsible for $580 just for that drug. It seems that Azactam is not on the formulary for the plan that they have.

    It sucks, but that is the fine plan that the congress of this US passed as medicare reform.
    There is nothing wrong with the plan. People have to make the right decisions. The doughnut hole starts at $2,500 and ends at $5,700. The basic plan that cost around 30 bucks a month for Medicare Part D covers RX at a reduced cost up to $2,500. After that, they pay 100% of their RX between those two amounts which is referred to as the doughnut hole. Then catastrophic coverage kicks in and they begin to once again get their RX at a reduced cost.

    If someone RX bills run 800 bucks a month, they would come out ahead by taking out a supplemental policy for another 30 or 40 bucks which would cover the doughnut hole. For example, they would hit the doughnut hole in a around 3 months. So they would be much better off taking out a supplemental policy to avoid that $4200 (doughnut hole) of RX.

    The media and liberals lie so much about the Medicare Part D RX plan. The government has forced big pharma from gouging Americans because of this plan. You do not see people going to Canada and Mexico to get their drugs because you can get them just as cheap here. Prior to this plan, the pharma companies would sell the same drugs cheaper to foreign countries; so in essence Americans were subsidizing the damn foreigners.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •