A Virginia Republican's fierce call to resist President Obama's political agenda -- with bullets if necessary -- ignited an outcry on the Internet yesterday, and forced her to clarify that she was not looking to incite any violence.
Ballot Box to Bullet Box?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paeuC...layer_embedded

Appearing at a "Tea Party" rally on Wednesday to protest President Obama's expansion of government, Catherine Crabill, a political neophyte running for the House of Delegates in the Northern Neck, quoted from a March 1775 speech by Patrick Henry and then went further, calling on Americans to resist the course Obama has set for the country.

"We have a chance to fight this battle at the ballot box before we have to resort to the bullet box," Crabill said. "But that's the beauty of our Second Amendment right. I am glad for all of us who enjoy the use of firearms for hunting. But make no mistake. That was not the intent of the Founding Fathers. Our Second Amendment right was to guard against tyranny."

Crabill, a real estate agent and home-schooling mother of four, said Thursday that she would not back down from her full-throated defense of the right to use bullets to address government grievances, saying that if fiery words were good enough for Patrick Henry, they're good enough for her.

"Those are my convictions," Crabill, 52, said in a telephone interview. "I am a full-blooded, freedom-loving American, and what we're seeing in Washington is domestic terrorism at its worst." But as the video of her remarks zipped around the Internet, she said worried she would be caricatured. And she said she wanted to make clear that she was not advocating armed resistance.
UPDATE 6:17 P.M. with reactions from Crabill's general election opponent and the state Democratic Party, as well as an examination of Crabill's view that the government was involved in the Oklahoma City bombing.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/vir...ight_dems.html