Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 "Iran to hit US ships'. If attacked Iranian Navel bases would be smoldering ruins " 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Iran to 'hit Tel Aviv, US ships' if attacked

Iran has said it will hit Tel Aviv, US shipping in the Gulf and American interests around the world if it is attacked over its disputed nuclear activities.

"The first bullet fired by America at Iran will be followed by Iran burning down its vital interests around the globe," the students news agency ISNA quoted an aide to Iran's Supreme Leader Ali Shirazi as saying in a speech to Revolutionary Guards.

The United States and its allies suspect Iran is trying to build nuclear bombs. Tehran says its programme is peaceful.

"The Zionist regime is pressuring White House officials to attack Iran. If they commit such a stupidity, Tel Aviv and US shipping in the Persian Gulf will be Iran's first targets and they will be burned," Shirazi was quoted as saying.

Shirazi, a mid-level cleric, is Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei's representative to the Revolutionary Guards.

"The Iranian nation will never accept bullying. The Iranian nation is a nation of believers which believes in jihad and martyrdom. No army in the world can confront it," he added.

In Jerusalem, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's spokesman, Mark Regev, declined to comment on the threat to hit Tel Aviv, saying only: "Shirazi's words speak for themselves."

Israel, believed to be the Middle East's only nuclear-armed power, has vowed to prevent Iran from acquiring an atomic bomb. The United States says it wants to resolve the dispute by diplomacy but has not ruled out military action.

In April, Israel's Infrastructure Minister Binyamin Ben-Eliezer, who is a former army general and defence minister, told Israeli media: "An Iranian attack will prompt a severe reaction from Israel, which will destroy the Iranian nation."

Shirazi's comments intensified a war of words that has raised fears of military confrontation and helped boost world oil prices to record highs in recent weeks.

"We will make the enemy regret threatening Iran," Mohammad Hejazi, deputy commander of the Revolutionary Guards, was quoted as saying by the semi-official Mehr news agency on Tuesday.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...breaking24.htm

Bring it on baby. Putting a 5.56 round between the eyes of "President Tom" would be my pleasure. :D

Seriously, was there any doubt we'd be at war with these fools next? If Iran doesn't shape up and fly right they'll be the next warzone, which I feel a lot of the younger generation of Iranians don't want. Repeatedly we see young students rallying against the government, I think it's a matter of time before this all comes to a head.

By the way, these terroristic idiots have the gall to threaten us like we'll actually be afraid of them? What happened to the supposedly "Elite" Iraqi Republican guard? Oh right....we decimated them.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    Seriously, was there any doubt we'd be at war with these fools next?
    Well, not since March of 2003 anyway.;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    good grief.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    good grief.
    Oh plenty of grief - but none of itís good.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

The big Cheese
    Oh plenty of grief - but none of itís good.

For once, would you pull your head out of your ass?
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    For once, would you pull your head out of your ass?
    You are asking the impossible.

Damn, I post and people get in arguements with each other a lot. Do I bring out some internal hatred on the site or something?
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

I suppose snarky comments are all the liberals have. The liberals have no idea how to deal with Iran so they sit back in the cheap seats and ridicule the Republican administration for every suggestion.

OK liberals, what ideas do you have? Diplomacy is and has been conducted. How long do you allow this, until
    a major nuclear attack?

When is enough enough?

The apparent liberal tactic is to stick their head in the sand and wait until the inevitable and then blame the Republicans for not doing something.

I don't want a war either but if the Iranians need some massive reconstruction training I'm all for it.