Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 POTUS: 'Everybody Just Step Back for a Moment' 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    "Obama Plays a little Hard Ball !"

President Barack Obama called cameras to the Diplomatic Room this afternoon for an unannounced statement on health care reform. (Snip)"Those who are betting against this happening this year are badly mistaken," he said. The president adopted a stern tone, warning that if reform doesn't pass, generations to come will suffer from sky rocketing costs, and the country as a whole would be at risk.(Snip) He then left the room, taking no questions.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...-a-moment.html

The guy is acting like a damn king or something lately.The other day he was "putting us on notice"! What a guy, won't take any questions and the press just swoons!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

"I've said that health-insurance reform cannot add to our deficit over the next decade. And I mean it. Let me repeat: Health- insurance reform cannot add to our deficit over the next decade. And I mean it," he said.
    Meaning the have costs built in that will be delayed until after he is out of office - assuming he gets a second term that way who ever comes after him will get the blame.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    The guy is acting like a damn king or something lately.The other day he was "putting us on notice"! What a guy, won't take any questions and the press just swoons!
    Euripides (c. 480 BC- 406 BC) was a Greek playwright.

History knows the tyrant well :

"Quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius : "Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad"

Time will explain it all. He is a talker, and needs no questioning before he speaks.
    Events will take their course, it is no good of being angry at them; he is happiest who wisely turns them to the best account.
    When good men die their goodness does not perish, but lives though they are gone. As for the bad, all that was theirs dies and is buried with them.
    There is nothing more hostile to a city that a tyrant, under whom in the first and chiefest place, there are not laws in common, but one man, keeping the law himself to himself, has the sway, and this is no longer equal.

anybody taking bets on this guy swinging more than two terms? or pushing a term extension to 6 years? I can picture him saying something to the effect of not having enough time to accomplish everything that needs to be done. Seeing as hes managed to get how much BS legislation pushed through i dont see why he wouldnt try this...especially with him parading around the country like a celebrity and doing interviews during ball games and such. Bread and Circuses ladies and germs.

then again I could be completely off my rocker and off in conspiracy land *shruggs*
    “The characteristic of genuine heroism is its persistency. All men have wandering impulses, fits and starts of generosity. But when you have resolved to be great, abide by yourself, and do not weakly try to reconcile yourself with the world. The heroic cannot be the common, nor the common the heroic.”
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Freedom is the natural yearning of the human sprit as we were endowed by our creator.
    Rush Limbaugh CPAC 09

Sonnabend
    then again I could be completely off my rocker and off in conspiracy land *shruggs*
    Yes.

You are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Yes.

You are.
    I don't think so !All the signs so far point to a reckless disregard for the constitution and I would expect further outrages to the election process.I am beginning to think that they don't care what the electorate think anymore.

They will not allow any elections to be held that could remove them from power ! Acorn will flood the census with fraudulent new voters and the voters rolls in every state will be corrupted with the dead and illegal immigrant new voters.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    I don't think so !All the signs so far point to a reckless disregard for the constitution and I would expect further outrages to the election process.I am beginning to think that they don't care what the electorate think anymore.

They will not allow any elections to be held that could remove them from power ! Acorn will flood the census with fraudulent new voters and the voters rolls in every state will be corrupted with the dead and illegal immigrant new voters.
    Zactly, the dems don't think the rules or laws are for them! They will at least try everything they can. Besides if the MSM wants to keep them thrills running up thier legs they will shill for the 0 all they can.
    Sign me up for that conspiracy!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by CorwinK View Post
    anybody taking bets on this guy swinging more than two terms? or pushing a term extension to 6 years? I can picture him saying something to the effect of not having enough time to accomplish everything that needs to be done. Seeing as hes managed to get how much BS legislation pushed through i dont see why he wouldnt try this...especially with him parading around the country like a celebrity and doing interviews during ball games and such. Bread and Circuses ladies and germs.

The American people are not ready to swallow that yet. There are people on his side ready to try it - but the people are not ready to buy it.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    The American people are not ready to swallow that yet. There are people on his side ready to try it - but the people are not ready to buy it.
    I fully agree with that...but its congress who will make the decision, not the people. Protests will only do so much. I don't think it will come to fruition but i wouldn't be surprised to see him try.
    “The characteristic of genuine heroism is its persistency. All men have wandering impulses, fits and starts of generosity. But when you have resolved to be great, abide by yourself, and do not weakly try to reconcile yourself with the world. The heroic cannot be the common, nor the common the heroic.”
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Freedom is the natural yearning of the human sprit as we were endowed by our creator.
    Rush Limbaugh CPAC 09