Thread: Why are we not mentioned on DU.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NYC_SKP (1000+ posts) Sun Jul-19-09 07:24 PM
    Response to Reply #17
    19. No, it is not a clear reference to Free Republic.
    If you saw the other sites, you'd understand the distinction.

There are subforums dedicated to us, with daily comments.

Free Republic mentions us from time to time, just as we do them.
    IF you saw them, but of course, we can't tell you what they are to let you go see for yourself and form your own opinion. Excellent encouragement of free thought and discussion there.

I think DU should man up and create a Best\Worst of CU forum. Post all the terrible right wing propaganda we spew and tear it apart with typical DU razor sharp insight, logic and evidence.

I'm glad I typed that, there's no way I could have said it with a straight face. :D
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    IF you saw them, but of course, we can't tell you what they are to let you go see for yourself and form your own opinion. Excellent encouragement of free thought and discussion there.

I think DU should man up and create a Best\Worst of CU forum. Post all the terrible right wing propaganda we spew and tear it apart with typical DU razor sharp insight, logic and evidence.

I'm glad I typed that, there's no way I could have said it with a straight face. :D
    Good one :D
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    The DUers know about us no matter what Skinner and his Admin buds may say.

We'd welcome any DUer over here if they want to come over, no problems. The DUers that have come over and been banned here lost it at some point and started going off the deep end. They shouldn't have a problem with us, for God sake I've posted on Lib boards before and lasted years on some. People call you names...big deal...if you can't take that then you shouldn't be on any board. Most people in my experience know when they have crossed a line. We're pretty lenient here but I'll only put up with so much. :D

Note to SuperCrash - Death Threats are a nono. :D

If someone wants to get nasty we have the Dome but check the Rulz there too before you get carried away...

Hey now..Supercrash was the reason this site took off when it did. :p

Rwalsh (81 posts) Sun Jul-19-09 07:17 PM
    Response to Original message
    17. From the DU rules
    Do not post messages that give publicity to websites that have little purpose other than to smear, disrupt, or complain about Democratic Underground. Currently there are only three websites that fall into this category. Their addresses are not listed here because we do not wish to give them publicity. They are easily identified by their bizarre obsession with Democratic Underground.

This, to me, seems to be a clear reference to Free Republic.
    What is the 3 rd website?

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockurWorld View Post
    What is the 3 rd website?
    I think they need to update that passage in the rules. There are a number of sites the DUmmies aren't allowed to link to. Some of the "9/11 Troofer" sites, the wackjob Progressive Independent site, Alex Jones, Wayne Madsen, and probably some others.

Don't know what specifically the third one is supposed to be.

Resident Grump
    I think it's time to add Free Republic to the list of banned websites.

IMO, anything posted from there is by definition is a violation of DU rules. And, rules aside, it's just plain wrong and totally against everything DU stands for.
    God forbid anyone should dare disagree with them.....:eek:

:D:D:D