1. #1 Obama: Your kids should learn Spanish,Chinese,French or perhaps Arabic. 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Obama: Your kids should learn Spanish .Que? Obama says nation's kids should be bilingual

Barack Obama addressed the issue of official languages yesterday by endorsing one: Spanish. Instead of worrying about immigrants learning English, he told an audience, America should be teaching its children Spanish. Every child should be bilingual, Obama said, but listen to the language he chooses later: "Itís embarrassing when Europeans come over here, they all speak English, they speak French, they speak German. And then we go over to Europe and all we can say is merci beaucoup." Well, which is it ó should we teach them Spanish or French? Maybe we should teach them Chinese, or perhaps Arabic. Immigrants...

http://washingtontimes.com/weblogs/b...-be-bilingual/

How about just enforcing the borders?

Power CUer
    I wouldn't designate which language should be learned, but I think Americans are woefully ignorant of other languages. When I was in school, a second language was a requirement (and this was in public school, even before I went to a private high school, where a second language was required, in addition to Latin).

I think it's more a matter for local school boards than for the president to decide, though. And aside from the occasional "Si, se puedes!" I have read that Obama does not speak Spanish himself.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I wouldn't designate which language should be learned, but I think Americans are woefully ignorant of other languages. When I was in school, a second language was a requirement (and this was in public school, even before I went to a private high school, where a second language was required, in addition to Latin).

I think it's more a matter for local school boards than for the president to decide, though. And aside from the occasional "Si, se puedes!" I have read that Obama does not speak Spanish himself.
    I wonder if his children do or is this another liberal "good idea" for others but I'm exempt; you know, like guns. Libs want other people's guns banned, not theirs. Don't believe me? Ask Sean Penn.