1. #1 President Carter: Many Children Were Tortured Under Bush 
    President Carter: Many Children Were Tortured Under Bush
    by Ralph Lopez

Thu Jul 16, 2009 at 12:35:52 PM PDT

"You have the power to hold your leaders accountable." - President Obama, Ghana, July 14, 2009

While congress says it is gearing up to investigate what is old news, that CIA and Special Ops forces are killing Al Qaeda leaders, a decision of far different gravity is being contemplated by Attorney General Eric Holder. The new insistence of Congress on its oversight role, conspicuously absent throughout 8 years of Bush, is suddenly rearing its head in the form of questioning a policy which has been in place with no controversy for years. The U.S. has been hunting and killing Al Qaeda leaders outside of official war zones since 2004, when the New York Times reported that Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld had signed an order authorizing Special Forces to kill Al Qaeda where they found them.
    Ralph Lopez's diary :: ::

As recently as September 2008 CBS reported that Special Forces struck Qaeda leadership in Pakistan.

The decision faced by Holder, whether or not to appoint a Special Prosecutor on torture, is of a different gravity altogether. A weight of evidence keeps building which indicates torture was employed on innocent men, that it didn't work, and that it didn't prevent any attacks. And it gets worse. Bush's own FBI Director Robert Mueller recently confirmed to the New York Times what he told Vanity Fair a year ago, that "to [his] knowledge" torture didn't prevent a single attack. Former Legendary CIA Director William Colby has said that torture is "ineffective."
    http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/20...red-Under-Bush
    Mr. Peanut gets nuttier every day!

I wish the swimming attack rabbit would have ate Carter's larynx.

Quote Originally Posted by Teetop View Post
    I wish the swimming attack rabbit would have ate Carter's larynx.
    You always go and piss him off!

Banned
    I wish this guy would die of old age already.:mad:

Quite frankly has he done anything that was even remotlely good for this country?

Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    I wish this guy would die of old age already.:mad:

Quite frankly has he done anything that was even remotlely good for this country?
    His intentions were good building houses and his brother provided me with much entertainment in the 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You always go and piss him off!
    Better pissed off, than pissed on.

I have so had enough of carter. I wish he would do us all a favor and die already.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    His intentions were good building houses and his brother provided me with much entertainment in the 70's.
    Billy Beer Bob was a toot.

It's time for him to take the role of the Norwegian in the greatest comedy skit of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Man he doesn't get it. Obama will not allow it to go forward for many reasons.

1. It would piss off every Conservative in Congress now and future. He knows full well that come next year the Dems are going to lose their majority rule and will be forced to work with the GOP and not just step over us. This goes forward, he will get nothing out of any member of the GOP in passing laws he wants.

2. It would expose culpability of Dems in torture as well and show how involved they were too. Shooting them selves in the foot at the same time. And when exposing who knew what and when did they know it. In an investigation like this, GOP members will emerge better as its been known and admitted we were involved. Unlike the Dems who act shocked and pretend inocese in the matter. When it is expossed that many of the top Dems in Washington approved of torture, who comes out worse? Cheney who gone from Washington and additted his role in the program? Or Reid, Pelosi and Dian F. and others who still hold seats in D.C. and lie about what they knew?
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009