Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    This thing about "penis envy" has been around for a long, long time. Typically, it happens when a little girl sees a naked father or male sibling and thinks, "I don't have one of those. Something is wrong with me, and I've been left out!", without understanding the nature and physiology of mammal sexuality.

I pity the life the "niecew" will now have to live - leaving one world but not quite arriving at the other. But the blame belongs to the parent(s).

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Banned
    I am sure poli wanted nothing more then to have a penis too, so they have something in common i guess. :D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    . In fact, if this child is allowed by her parents to go through a sex change operation before she's 18, they should be arrested and charged with child abuse.
    I disagree. They should be put in an insane asylum for the rest of their lives and never be allowed to breed again.

Power CUer
    Her mistake is in wanting to have a penis all the time. It's better to just borrow the use of them.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Her mistake is in wanting to have a penis all the time. It's better to just borrow the use of them.

:D

Would DU be just as proud if this kid wanted to join the armed serivces, or become a cop?

I think we know the answer, but it would interesting if we heard from DU.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

readmoreoften (1000+ posts) Sun Jul-19-09 04:34 PM
    Response to Reply #20
    43. Genital surgery may not happen at all. Genitalia is not sex.
    Many full-grown adult transmen don't choose to have genital surgery because it is expensive and still not very advanced. He will be given testosterone, look like a boy within a few months to a year, and continue on to manhood as any other teenage boy would. He will probably have chest reconstruction at some point to give the appearance of a more masculine chest so that he can swim and take off his shirt.
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...mesg_id=142826
    I don't know what to say this country boy don't understand any of this!

Sultana (1000+ posts) Sat Jul-18-09 11:47 PM
    Response to Original message
    15. Mashallah; Wonderful!
    I wish you nephew and long and fruitful life
    Yes! Perhaps fruitful. We could go with that!
    readmoreoften (1000+ posts) Sun Jul-19-09 04:42 PM
    Response to Reply #39
    47. Just some info: being transsexual is different than being gay.
    Some transsexuals are gay--meaning that someone who is FTM will date only males (gay male) or MTF and date only females (lesbian.) Others are straight. Others are pansexual. Some transmen may embrace their "feminine side" (as many cisgendered straight men put it) but still be straight.

A homosexual is a cisgendered person who desires cisgendered people of the same sex.
    A heterosexual is a cisgendered person who desires cisgendered people of the (so-called) "opposite sex".
    Say what? Now I'm more confussed.
    demwing (1000+ posts) Sun Jul-19-09 04:41 PM
    46. Question - when speaking of the transgendered - what and where is the "Self"?
    If (he or she) can be born in the wrong (female or male) body, where or what is the correctly gendered self? Is it a psychological entity? A physical self, separate from the physical body? Are we discussing the soul? Where does this self exist? Is it merely a case of disparate self-image?

How can it be determined that the body is wrong for the self-identification, unless the self were separate from the body? Are Buddhists and Hindus correct when they claim that we are not our bodies? If you can accurately state that the body and the self are of opposite gender, how do you make the determination that it is the body that needs to be adapted to the "self" and not the opposite?

Has this been discussed or studied, to anyone's knowledge?
    Great! It is clear as crap to me now!

Unca Jim (304 posts) Sun Jul-19-09 05:00 PM
    53. It's great...
    that he knows so early and can transition before high school! It's tougher for people later in life.

As a friend of several transgendered people, I know that reassignment surgery has come a long way for MtFs, but FtMs have a tougher road. As someone said earlier genitals are not gender, but hopefully in the near future he'll have better options so that he can get his final transitioning over before before college. One of my friends was happy with very minimal surgery (metoidioplasty) to get the clitoris out from under the hood and away from the body, but others I know aren't satisfied until everything female is out of them.

If this was my nephew, I'd begin saving for whatever surgery he wants and discussing it with him. There are lots of resources online and many good plastic surgeons who specialize in helping, but they aren't cheap.

Anyway, good luck!
    Uncle Jim knows what to do!

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    It's a real shame what this country's come to.

I agree... call the men in the white coats.
    Agreed.. The sooner we get this mental illness identified the sooner we can treat it.

What's even sicker is that they wrongly call it, "Reassignment surgery," when it's clearly an Addadicktome.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!