View Poll Results: With higher gas prices are we seeing a change in driving habits?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • About the same

12 60.00%
  • Same number driving just less mileage per day

5 25.00%
  • Less people driving

3 15.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Less cars in my family and circle of friends. We carpool, and are more selective about our drives.

I'm with Linda Numbers : "fewer" is the word we want here.

However, I voted "about the same" since that is what we're seeing in real-time traffic loads (and we do watch).

Basically, kids are taking to scooters and light motor bikes and there is an uptick on bus/light rail ridership but nothing dramatic. I confidently await the emergence of new regulations that will make scooters and light bikes much less fuel efficient. People don't understand that those vehicles produce more and worse emissions than ordinary cars made over the last 10 years. The Warmists and Eco-Worshipers will swing into high gear as soon as the issue comes to their attention.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap1 View Post
    I'm with Linda Numbers : "fewer" is the word we want here.
    "Linda Numbers" was my alternative choice if I couldn't have gotten my original name back.

AAA is saying today that members calling because they’ve run out of gas are up 15%.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    "Linda Numbers" was my alternative choice if I couldn't have gotten my original name back.
    And a fine name it would have been, too. Everyone with a number or numbers should carry the "number(s)" honorific with pride.

You are also right, as Gingersnap-Number :D pointed out, with regard to "fewer" vs "less".

noonwitch
    I don't notice it as much, unless I'm travelling. Driving around town is one thing, but filling up the tank for a long ride is another matter.

I have a 2005 Focus, which gets pretty good mileage (30+ highway), but it still takes $50 to fill the tank from empty. It cost 20, when I first got the car.

I'll still go up north at least once to see grandpa (he is 95), and will be going to my sister's in West Michigan for the 4th of July. The trip to St. Joseph will cost about $50, because it takes a tank to go there and back. The trip to Traverse City will be about twice that, which cuts into my spending money while I'm up there.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    And a fine name it would have been, too.
    I liked the sort of Mafioso quality to it - like "Joey Bananas".