Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Whimsical Wednesday 
    Today will be repeat of yesterday in terms of weather. I am feeling moody and distracted for no apparent reason and this annoys me.

TOTD: You have the financing and skills to open any kind of restaurant anywhere in the continental United States. You can work in any position in the restaurant from hands-off owner to fry cook.

What kind of a restaurant is it? Where is it located? What do you do there?

Power CUer
    It's in the old part of some charming city, in a beautifully restored old townhouse. It seats about forty people, and serves one set menu each night, with one seating time. I own it, and I'm in the kitchen sometimes, but mostly I'm involved in the business end of the house.

Maybe a cook at a small seafood restaurant on a pier.

Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    Maybe a cook at a small seafood restaurant on a pier.
    Where? Florida? Maine?

TOTD

I would open a Tapas Restaurant that had a variety of ethnic small dishes (Spanish, Mexican, Oriental and select European offerings) with a nice attached bar/lounge and a small cigar bar. Casual dining atmosphere with live music.

I would locate it in the business park in Middleton WI which is just outside the People's Republic Of Madison. The area is expanding like a mother right now. Ruth's Chris just put a location in out there.

I would probably be most comfortable as General Manager, provided the kitchen was managed by someone competent.

Customer?
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Banned
    I would own and manage a 100 million dollar luxury condo with a revolving restaruant at the top in Destin Florida and hire world famous Paul Prudhomme as Head Chef

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    TOTD: I have no idea.

Aren't y'all glad you have me around to contribute to the board like this?:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Patent Member
    Hot. Probably going to rain soon.

TOTD: I would own a restaurant in the midwest somewhere, located near a great beef farm. Menu would be steaks & chops and filling food with a classy presentation. Vegetarians would be shown the door. Any food may be deep fried on request. I would be the chef in the back, flipping steaks and making new menus.

I probably couldn't handle the stress tho.

Banned
    Dull, hazy, and muggy here in the Insurance Capital. Gonna work until 3:00 and then head off to the pub, as one of the cutie bartenders is on today. Which, of course, brings me to the ...

TOTD: A Cigar Bar, featuring live piano, a full complement of single malts, a selection of wines from around the world, and pistachios out of the shell (TOTH to Michael J Fox :D). I'd only hire very attractive women as waitresses (fully, but tastefully sexily clothed) and the bartenders would wear white shirts, black ties, and black suspenders. As to foods, I, like asdf, would serve only small plates of items like Spanish tapas, French pate, pear/stilton/walnut salads, shirimp egg rolls, etc.

The decor should be muted, primarily tones of dark green, burgundy, and grey, with the lighting dimmed as well. Couches and comfortable chairs, along with a dark oak bar with lots of glass behind. I would probably model the decor on that of the Green Bar in the Chesterfield Hotel, London, with a bit less of the Brit look...

The best location would be in an expensive tourist area, rather than a big city. The US might be a problem, not because of the cigars (you can generally get an exemption for cigar bars), but because of the waitress appearance requirements. Perhaps on the Croisette in Cannes, perhaps Portofino.

My job? In charge of meet and greet as well as quality control. For the latter, I would need to sample all the wares to make sure they were up to the requisite quality. :D