Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It doesn't really shock me or make me angry. It just confirms what I always suspected.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    You want a medal for not voting?
    Sure. Maybe they can allocate a few billion for Presidential Apathy Medals in the next budget.

Obama is on the verge of spending us into oblivion by tripling the national debt and a dumb fuck like you is worried about who voted for Bush. Most of us vote on this board.
    I don't care who you pinkos voted for. My point is that this is a Bush Era budget and most people here voted for Bush, so it seems kind of stupid to cry about something you effectively voted for. Maybe you could have gotten away with it for his first budget, while he was still hot off campaigning as a small government Republican, but certainly not his last.

I should have known from past experience where this thread was going the second I started:

Someone whips out the inevitable: Ohh boo hoo the president has no control over the budget sob story. Which makes me wonder why you guys are crying about Obama all the time.

Then you have the current guy is spending even more deflection. Which excuses everything his predecessors ever did, I suppose. Extra entertaining considering the thread wasn't started with one of his budgets. Bonus points for people who can work both "the president isn't responsible" and "the current guy is worse" arguments into the same post.

And of course the ever classic "you don't even vote" descent into a whinefest about anarchy. Someday, just for kicks, I'm going to post in a "What's For Dinner" thread and see if I can turn it into a "discussion" on anarchy.

Are you registered to vote?
    Only because I'm too lazy to unregister. Can you unregister? Or is it one of those once they've got you they don't let go things? Like HIV or herpes.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Lucky you didn't post that pic. Sonna would have been hopping mad!
    Why? HE's not paying for any of it! :D
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Why? HE's not paying for any of it! :D
    He got after Poli and Lars the other day for posting pictures to big for his browser.

Power CUer
    Oh, I see. Style, not substance. :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Oh, I see. Style, not substance. :)
    One could spill their tea if they were forced to scroll from side to side!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    Sure. Maybe they can allocate a few billion for Presidential Apathy Medals in the next budget.

I don't care who you pinkos voted for. My point is that this is a Bush Era budget and most people here voted for Bush, so it seems kind of stupid to cry about something you effectively voted for. Maybe you could have gotten away with it for his first budget, while he was still hot off campaigning as a small government Republican, but certainly not his last.

I should have known from past experience where this thread was going the second I started:

Someone whips out the inevitable: Ohh boo hoo the president has no control over the budget sob story. Which makes me wonder why you guys are crying about Obama all the time.

Then you have the current guy is spending even more deflection. Which excuses everything his predecessors ever did, I suppose. Extra entertaining considering the thread wasn't started with one of his budgets. Bonus points for people who can work both "the president isn't responsible" and "the current guy is worse" arguments into the same post.

And of course the ever classic "you don't even vote" descent into a whinefest about anarchy. Someday, just for kicks, I'm going to post in a "What's For Dinner" thread and see if I can turn it into a "discussion" on anarchy.

Only because I'm too lazy to unregister. Can you unregister? Or is it one of those once they've got you they don't let go things? Like HIV or herpes.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. I will be laughing my ass off in Panama when Obama puts fools like you in concentration camps. You can still blame Bush though. What's for dinner will be crow if you are lucky.

BTW, I do not excuse the horrible job Bush did controlling spending. He screwed up big time. You are the only idiot that thinks otherwise. We now have a Prez that will increase the deficit 3 fold. From 500 billion to 1.8 trillion in one year. You got that sparky. Next fisical year 8/2010 the budget will increase another 1 trillion dollars. That is not sustainable and will bankrupt the country.

Bush also kept us safe for 7 1/2 years. It did not happen by accident and I am surprised we have not been hit again. He got that part right.

Keep your own social diseases to yourself, please.

thanks for hijacking my thread feeb.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    He got after Poli and Lars the other day for posting pictures to big for his browser.
    We do ask that people control the size of pictures they post. It's not just Sonna, it's kind of an unwritten board rule.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    thanks for hijacking my thread feeb.
    Sorry.