Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Oh god, here we go with WTC 7 stories again.

Only good thing Jesse Ventura ever did was his time in the navy SEALS. Other then that, he's a complete a$$-clown.

WTC 7.....I can't believe morons are still bringing up 9/11 conspiracy stories. I'm off to watch the South Park episode on 9/11 right now.:D
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

I told my guys more than 30 minutes before the first building collapsed that it was going to come down; and I'm just an unsophisticated, rural Tennessean. I was walking out to the flight line when they called me back to the office to telll me it had just collapsed.

I then stated the other one was also going to fall but I stayed to watch it. By the time I returned to the aircraft, the airspace was closed. Bad day for all of us.:(

I don't understand why people can't get their minds around this simple fact. The buildings fall at the speed of Gravity Jesse because that is how gravity acts on every object.

They fell because there are three primary materials that work together in a tower that have a synergy; Glass/concrete/ and steel. The glass went immediately. The steel and concrete baked in >2000 degree heat until the steel softens to a point that it sags. It cannot support the massive weight because the glass is gone, the concrete is cracking, and the steel is compromised. Gravity then acts on the weight and it falls.

The combined weight of multiple floors falling onto the lower floors makes those floors collapse to the subsequently lower floors with an ever increasing weight added.

If a simple rural Tennessean from flyover country can understand this, why can't those oh-so-sophisticated liberals?

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I told my guys more than 30 minutes before the first building collapsed that it was going to come down; and I'm just an unsophisticated, rural Tennessean. I was walking out to the flight line when they called me back to the office to telll me it had just collapsed.

I then stated the other one was also going to fall but I stayed to watch it. By the time I returned to the aircraft, the airspace was closed. Bad day for all of us.:(

I don't understand why people can't get their minds around this simple fact. The buildings fall at the speed of Gravity Jesse because that is how gravity acts on every object.

They fell because there are three primary materials that work together in a tower that have a synergy; Glass/concrete/ and steel. The glass went immediately. The steel and concrete baked in >2000 degree heat until the steel softens to a point that it sags. It cannot support the massive weight because the glass is gone, the concrete is cracking, and the steel is compromised. Gravity then acts on the weight and it falls.

The combined weight of multiple floors falling onto the lower floors makes those floors collapse to the subsequently lower floors with an ever increasing weight added.

If a simple rural Tennessean from flyover country can understand this, why can't those oh-so-sophisticated liberals?
    Because AmPat, that would require libral elites to do one thing they never can: admit they may have flaws. Look at the way Liberals constantly seem to ignore their own history, is it any suprise they gloss this issue over too? We Conservatives and Libertarians are forced to carry the sins of our past like an albatross, Liberals on the other hand choose to either simply ignore and deny, or in the case of hardcore Leftists wear it on their sleeve as a badge of honor. Libs forget they were the party of Jim Crow, the Black Panthers, Domestic Terrorism, Eugenics, Collapsing economies, the list could go on for PAGES.

Side note: Which airframe do you work with? My unit is a Heavy Helicopter squadron, flying the CH-53D Sea Stallion.

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    Because AmPat, that would require libral elites to do one thing they never can: admit they may have flaws. Look at the way Liberals constantly seem to ignore their own history, is it any suprise they gloss this issue over too? We Conservatives and Libertarians are forced to carry the sins of our past like an albatross, Liberals on the other hand choose to either simply ignore and deny, or in the case of hardcore Leftists wear it on their sleeve as a badge of honor. Libs forget they were the party of Jim Crow, the Black Panthers, Domestic Terrorism, Eugenics, Collapsing economies, the list could go on for PAGES.

Side note: Which airframe do you work with? My unit is a Heavy Helicopter squadron, flying the CH-53D Sea Stallion.
    AH-64D. Not quite as big but with attitude.:eek:

Goldwater
    A lot of building and rubble falls on WTC 7 in the video anyway, it is obvious.

AH-64D. Not quite as big but with attitude.:eek:
    Sweet Jesus, the Apache Longbow? No freakin way! That helo is so badass. We got AH-1W Super Cobras here, god I love attack helicopters. :D

Do the soviets even have an attack helo that can compete with ours anymore? A couple of my officers got a chance to fly the Hind and said they were really unimpressed. I heard it's a major POS.:p

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    Do the soviets even have an attack helo that can compete with ours anymore? A couple of my officers got a chance to fly the Hind and said they were really unimpressed. I heard it's a major POS.:p
    Thats a pretty old model now though. :p

WTC7 was built over a Con-Ed transformer, something the conspiracy theorist fails to remember or mention.

Banned
    Getting back on track, I saw "The Body" on CNN this morning and he promises a decision early next week. His anti-war stance could draw votes from Franken, while his generally libertarian stance could draw them from Coleman. I hope he does run, as he always adds a bit of color. Plus, this thread gives me the opportunity to post another homey exotic picture, just for Abner...

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    They very well could have demolished WTC 7 to set up a sort of firewall and keep anything from spreading through the city. These are the types of things we are better off being lied to about... there is no way in hell the U.S. government perpetrated those attacks but I'm sure there are some measures they took (shooting down United 93 and blowing up WTC 7) that were wholly necessary and justifiable but would've been hugely unpopular with the public.
    Something we agree on: Flight 93 that crashed in PA was most likely shot down. My belief is that it wasn't until then that the military got permission to shoot down a plane with American civilians, and that it was only the certainty that the plane was headed toward another Washington DC landmark (after the Pentagon was hit) that caused the permission to be given.

Interesting that you don't believe in MIHOP or LIHOP.