Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    Sweet Jesus, the Apache Longbow? No freakin way! That helo is so badass. We got AH-1W Super Cobras here, god I love attack helicopters. :D

Do the soviets even have an attack helo that can compete with ours anymore? A couple of my officers got a chance to fly the Hind and said they were really unimpressed. I heard it's a major POS.:p
    Ka-50 HOKUM / Black Shark / Werewolf
    The KA-50 is a state-of-the-art and powerful battle helicopter which is in limited service with the Russian Air Force. This aircraft is not fielded. Only a handful of prototypes exist, and it has not yet been approved for full-scale production. There are two versions of the Hokum. The Ka-50 Hokum-A is a single seat close support helicopter and the Ka-52 Hokum-B two seat trainer and combat version.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Ka-50 HOKUM / Black Shark / Werewolf
    The KA-50 is a state-of-the-art and powerful battle helicopter which is in limited service with the Russian Air Force. This aircraft is not fielded. Only a handful of prototypes exist, and it has not yet been approved for full-scale production. There are two versions of the Hokum. The Ka-50 Hokum-A is a single seat close support helicopter and the Ka-52 Hokum-B two seat trainer and combat version.
    I remember seeing this a little while ago while I was looking up attack helicopters online. It's a pretty sweet design, with what seems to be a fairly impressive combat payload. Though it does fall under the usual visual trap of Soviet made military equipment: It's just not as sexy as a Cobra or Apache.
    :D
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

From DU but you get the picture:

CatWoman Donating Member (1000+ posts)Mon Jul-14-08 10:07 PM
    Original message
    Jesse Ventura Tells Larry King That He Is Not Running For Senate In Minnesota (VIDEO)

Jesse Ventura announced on Larry King Live Monday that he would not be running for Senate from Minnesota (although he reserved the right to change his mind if God came and told him to run between Monday and the filing deadline Tuesday at 5pm).

Watch Ventura's announcement:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/07/14/jesse-ventura-...

Former governor Jesse Ventura, who is a member at the TPC Twin Cities in Blaine, site of the 3M Championship, showed up at the course Thursday to play in a pro-am driving his Porsche with a sticker on the back window that read “9-11 was an inside job.”

Ventura left the course to do an interview with the Middle East network Al Jazeera.

“I prefer Al Jazeera to the Minnesota media,” Ventura said. “I’ll talk to them; I won’t talk to you.”
    stranger and stranger