Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    A word of advice, LP: "It is better not to speak and be through a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."
    THROUGH a fool?? :D Slow down on your typing, Odysseus, lest you impale PapaLugie!

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLugie
    Think you missed the point, Major: Of what threat were all of these nasty things to the United States of America?
    I think YOU missed the point, PapaLugie! Maybe Ackedonmydinnerjacket (thanks biccat...I modified your idea a little) doesn't have the powerful toys he wants us to believe he has. Saddam played the same game, didn't he?

Whatever the truth is, we have to believe he has the potential to do what he says he can. If we do nothing and he does have nuclear capability, millions of innocent people will die, as the more innocent "infidels" are killed, the more glee an Islamist feels.

If we (or Israel) act and his claims turn out to be another fraud, well that's just erring on the side of caution. If the bozo wants to provoke a sword fight, do an Indiana Jones style turnaround and put a bullet in his pea brain.

A cop doesn't question whether an assailant's gun is real or a toy. If a threat is posed, the cop can check the gun later. If it turns out to have been a water pistol, well there's one less idiot walking the streets and it's his own fault he's dead, isn't it?

Why are we cast as 'The World's Policeman'? What business is it of ours? How important would Iran be if it were a thousand miles from that straight and without oil. Israel will be our excuse for the attack when it comes and we'll no doubt present the U.N. with a scrap of paper to justify the action. The leader of Iran's government is like a two year old and simply cries for attention. Why don't you silly people debate the issue and save the name-calling for another forum.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Sonnabend
    Why are we cast as 'The World's Policeman'? What business is it of ours? How important would Iran be if it were a thousand miles from that strait and without oil. Israel will be our excuse for the attack when it comes and we'll no doubt present the U.N. with a scrap of paper to justify the action. The leader of Iran's government is like a two year old and simply cries for attention. Why don't you silly people debate the issue and save the name-calling for another forum.
    Sure. Here's the issue.

If a nutcase like Ahneedadinnerjacket gets his hands on nukes and attacks Israel,and as a result the entire Middle East goes up in flames, you only need ask yourself one question.

Which way is the wind blowing?

My GOD you're stupid.

And yet others around the world slaughter their own every day of the week and we ignore it. Why, silly weak fool?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Sonnabend
    And yet others around the world slaughter their own every day of the week and we ignore it. Why, silly weak fool?
    Someone broke the news that they were related to you?

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLugie View Post
    Why are we cast as 'The World's Policeman'? What business is it of ours?
    Quite simply, "evil trimumphs when good men do nothing". Ever ask yourself how people like Hitler, Hussein, Jong Il, Mugabe and the Taliban got into position to wreak the havoc they did on entire nations/continents?? Somewhere during their rise to power, good men in those nations had the power to stop each of them, but because they did nothing (or not enough), evil triumphed. Now that Ackedonmydinnerjacket is bragging on his missile capability and threatening countries that never did a thing to his country, it's obviously time for good men who still have the power to stop him. Since you liberals have such a hard time identifying who's good and who's bad, let me help you out: Israel and the U.S. are the good guys. If no one stops him soon and he starts firing LIVE missiles and if he DOES have nuclear capability, not only will the world suffer from the fallout, but from all the instability that will result. The key is stopping crazy men before they ever get to lead entire nations. Iran failed and because they failed, it now looks inevitable that "world policemen" must step up to the plate.

How important would Iran be if it were a thousand miles from that straight and without oil.
    Just as important as any other nation that has a nuclear program, has fanatical, irrational leadership and makes threats to their innocent neighbors. Ask yourself the same question about oil-rich countries like Venezuela and Nigeria. They're got the same kind of cuckoos ruling, but they're no threat to us. By your dumb logic, we would be treating them the same as Iran. Put 2 and 2 together. Despite the left's inability to think otherwise, IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT OIL!

The leader of Iran's government is like a two year old and simply cries for attention.
    Except that this 2-year old is in control of a nation that has a nuclear program and missile capability that could deliver a nuclear punch.

Why don't you silly people debate the issue and save the name-calling for another forum.
    We DO debate the issue, but all you libs do is just go around in circles. You don't like the answers you get (or don't understand them), so you ask the same questions over and over again. Talk about 2-year olds!

And yet others around the world slaughter their own every day of the week and we ignore it.
    Simply because we don't have the resources to fix every problem across the globe and because nations like Sudan CURRENTLY pose no threat to us.

Quote Originally Posted by jeskibuff View Post
    We DO debate the issue, but all you libs do is just go around in circles. You don't like the answers you get (or don't understand them), so you ask the same questions over and over again. Talk about 2-year olds!

Originally Posted by PapaLugie
    Why don't you silly people debate the issue and save the name-calling for another forum.

You really expect me to debate you with [COLOR="Blue"]shit like this[COLOR]?

This missile test was in response to the 100 plan exercise. The Iranians are flat footed and they know it as exhibited by the Itreali strike in Syria. The Isteaslis were able to fly 1.5 times the distance of Syria, through top of the line Russian AA defences, without being detected. Iran's only response will be a mass one shot salvo of hot water heaters.

Russia's response will be nothiong. Since the takeover of Yukos, it is in their economic interest to do nothing. In fact, it is in Russia's best interest to stymy any peaceful resolution to this issue. They want a conflict to reap the benefits of the resultant price spike in oil.

LP, I find it perplexing that you of all people want to debate an issue when you are the preeminant poo flinging monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    LP, I find it perplexing that you of all people want to debate an issue when you are the preeminant poo flinging monkey.

HEY! :mad: That's not .........um.....nevermind.:D

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Originally Posted by PapaLugie

You really expect me to debate you with [color="Blue"]shit like this[COLOR]?
    Oh, Loogie-Woogie, are you upset with my little affectionate pet name for you? Now, don't be. And no, I don't expect you to debate because quite frankly, you don't have the capability. If you COULD, you might have explained the little discrepancy with your "war for oil" meme, telling me why we treat Venezuela in a different manner than we do Iran. But no, you can't, can you?

So, knowing that you libs are totally inept when it comes to answering the tough questions, we conservatives have come to expect the lame excuses when you can't step up to the plate. In this case, it's "waaahhh....jeskibuff called me a big lugie. How can I respond to that when my feelwings are so hurt??"

Don't feel bad. You're not the only one who suffers such inadequacies. At least I'm not yet keeping track of your unanswered questions. On another site, I've got a list of about 11 questions that another liberal is incapable of answering. You can see them in post #11 in this thread: http://forums.dealofday.com/religion...-part-2-a.html

My liberal chew toy over there calls himself "Fundamental". I just refer to him by the second syllable in his name, as it's much more appropos: "DUH". So see?? You're not the only one with a pet name!

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    Nubs, I do believe your Liberal-To-English translator is on the fritz. You see, when you enter the text "You really expect me to debate you" it SHOULD come back with "I really don't have any answers that make logical sense, so rather than make a fool out of myself, I'll come up with some lame excuse and hope you won't notice!" If your translator is indicating that a liberal REALLY means what he says, then I'd look for a "Union Made" sticker on the back of it and quickly toss it in the trash!