1. #1 Hurricane season begins with storm present 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    It's June 1st so it must be Hurricane Season!!!

:D

Published Sunday, June 1, 2008 at 7:20 a.m.
    Last updated Sunday, June 1, 2008 at 7:20 a.m.

MIAMI — Check the expiration date on that canned food and dust off the hurricane shutters, the 2008 Atlantic Hurricane Season has officially begun.

Hurricane season began Sunday, the first day of June, and runs through November. The first tropical storm of the season, Arthur, didn't wait for the start of the season. It formed Saturday and quickly made landfall at the Belize-Mexico border.

Federal forecasters in May said there was a good chance the Atlantic season would produce 12 to 16 named storms and two to five major hurricanes. They put the probability of that outcome at 60 to 70 percent. Overall they said there's a 90 percent chance the season will be normal or above average.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    You are going to be so miserable this year, SR!
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    You are going to be so miserable this year, SR!

On the contrary!!! I can post about the "Killer Storms" to my hearts content
    and be perfectly safe up here!!! :p:D

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    I lived in Florida for nine years and he came close to having hurricanes very near us but never had one. Then I moved to the mountain of north Georgia and got Clobbered by one. 100 mph winds and all the damage that brings and heavy rains. IN NORTH GEORGIA!

A family member moved FROM PHOENIX to near Orlando (Sanford) the year those four (or five?) hurricanes came through the area. Talk about going from the frying pan into the fire. They didn't have much damage, but it was quite a baptism of fire.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I lived in Florida for nine years and he came close to having hurricanes very near us but never had one. Then I moved to the mountain of north Georgia and got Clobbered by one. 100 mph winds and all the damage that brings and heavy rains. IN NORTH GEORGIA!

A family member moved FROM PHOENIX to near Orlando (Sanford) the year those four (or five?) hurricanes came through the area. Talk about going from the frying pan into the fire. They didn't have much damage, but it was quite a baptism of fire.
    You're right---you just never know. SR made me nervous with his hurricane remarks. He's forgetting about the tornados here. :eek: We've had some bad storms here the last week. Need to do the going into the basement drill with the pooches again. They don't like going down the steps.