1. #1 Are You Willing to Die for Obama's Healthcare Plan?" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Are You Willing to Die for Obama's Healthcare Plan?"

Dr. John David Manning says it as plainly as it can be said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6oWW...eature=channel

Banned
    God help us if the Democratic health care is passed. I will probably pick up and move to another country.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    God help us if the Democratic health care is passed. I will probably pick up and move to another country.
    Problem is, where would you go? Folks were coming here (guess they won't if Obama gets his way). Wait, the illegals will still come for that FREE healthcare. :mad:

I've always assumed that I would be on my own for health care in old age. Ditto for just about all government social services.

I'm the ideal health insurance consumer - I avoid most situations that cause disease or disability and I never go to the doc for trivial situations. I'm completely sure that this sterling record of self-restraint and common sense will have no bearing at all when I do have some expensive disease. They will throw me under the bus instantly. I might get a bone set or some kind of infection control drugs but that's it.

We're on our own. :mad:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I've always assumed that I would be on my own for health care in old age. Ditto for just about all government social services.

I'm the ideal health insurance consumer - I avoid most situations that cause disease or disability and I never go to the doc for trivial situations. I'm completely sure that this sterling record of self-restraint and common sense will have no bearing at all when I do have some expensive disease. They will throw me under the bus instantly. I might get a bone set or some kind of infection control drugs but that's it.

We're on our own. :mad:
    If you get breast cancer or heart trouble, being on your own in your old age may be a death sentence. That is unacceptable to me. A bureaucrat that tells me to go home to die days will be short on this earth.

The insurance companies have made a ton off of me. It has been over 50 years since I spent a night in the hospital and that was for 1 night with a broken shoulder.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Problem is, where would you go? Folks were coming here (guess they won't if Obama gets his way). Wait, the illegals will still come for that FREE healthcare. :mad:

I have narrowed it down to Panama, Belize and South Africa. Panama City has as many modern conveniences as any large size city in the US. It is much cheaper, uses the dollar as currency and has great health care at affordable health plans. Housing is cheaper and if you become an ex pat the Panamanian government offers perks for foreigners that are unparalleled anywhere in the world. It is the top retirement country.

Belize is a beautiful place but is more expensive. Only other negative is that health care is limited. You have to show a pension of $2k per month. Panama it is $1.5k.

Australia and New Zealand is out of the question as you have to pony up a half million dollars. Those dollars do not earn any interest and are in their control for 4 years.

According to International Living mag., France would be a great place to retire if you like cool weather. I want to live somewhere where the temp never gets below 60 degrees.

All of these countries require legal hurdles and sizable cost to become an ex pat. Panama is about the cheapest. 2 or 3 thousand. I think Belize is around $25k.