Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Obama: In Some Ways African Americans ‘More Fundamentally Rooted in the American 
    Experience:eek:

"That’s part of the African American experience. You are, in some ways, connected to this distant land, but on the other end, you’re about as American as it gets, In some ways, African Americans are more fundamentally rooted in the American experience because they don’t have a recent immigrant experience to draw on. It’s that unique African American culture that has existed in North America for hundreds of years long before we actually founded the nation.
    Rev. Wright influence on display link

I don't know what to say, other than this may belong in SLT instead of PN.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Are you suggesting there's no truth in the statement?

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    So you agree that thug life is true Americana?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

What African colonies were established in the Americas hundreds of years before the U.S. was established? How many groups of European descent consistantly refer to themselves as hyphenated Americans, like British-Americans or German-Americans like the majority of people of African decent do? One of the primary American ideals is the melting pot. How is a bunch of schmucks who can't find Africa on a globe running around in dashikis demanding affirmative action more connected to the American experience than the person who's grandfather walked into Ellis Island, busted their butt to provide for their family, and taught their children to be proud of and appreciate the opportunities they have here?

NOTE: Before any of our trolls jump on it, there are a whole lot of hard working, respectable people of African descent here in the US who do exemplify those American ideals. But they don't exemplify them because of the color of their skin. The ideals are exemplified by working and taking advantage of the opportunities presented by their home. And I'll bet money that they are just as offended by the idiocy of these words of Obama as I am.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Who really said that about American experience? Was it POTUS or.....................TOTUS?

The point being that president hussein only reads speeches lucidly because he has great difficulty composing off the cuff. He worries me less than that hidden bunch of unknown and undisciplined policy wonks in the Left Wing of the WH who write the scripts and form the administration's policies.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Banned
    Sounds like a bunch of gobbledygoo bunch of bull shit to me.

There are millions of people in the U.S. who don't have "a recent immigrant experience". In fact, probably most of us. You could say the same thing about the Scots-Irish, the land grant Hispanics, the Chinese, or the D.A.R.

It's a meaningless distinction.

Power CUer
    I agree with Ginger. The MOST recent immigrant in my family came in 1727.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I agree with Ginger. The MOST recent immigrant in my family came in 1727.

My most recently immigrated ancestor came in 1924. I just don't see what's so bad or untrue about Obama's statement, unless one thinks that black american culture is defined by thugs.

Gangsta rappers don't speak for an entire race anymore than heavy metal musicians do, and I consider those to be equally offensive genres.

My most recently immigrated ancestor came in 1924. I just don't see what's so bad or untrue about Obama's statement, unless one thinks that black american culture is defined by thugs.

Gangsta rappers don't speak for an entire race anymore than heavy metal musicians do, and I consider those to be equally offensive genres.
    It’s that unique African American culture that has existed in North America for hundreds of years long before we actually founded the nation.
    He says that there was an African American culture here on this continent hundreds of years before the US was founded. What about that IS true?

Whenever W made stupid statements like this, the media was on it like white on rice. Here we have more evidence the Great Orator can't put together a logical, factual thought unless it's fed through the teleprompter, and I'll bet it only aired once.

I make no claims that the thug life idiots are representative of the whole of black culture, any more than neo-Nazis represent the whole of German culture (my background, that's why I keep referencing it). That is not the point of any of this.