Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Actually, satanita, you have a tendency to ignore facts and well reasoned posts. You mostly try to egg people on emotionally and play games of "pull my finger" with people. Your OP here is disingenuous.
    Ya think?! :D

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Where in the Constitution does the Federal government have the authority to take my money and use it to give you health insurance?
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Where in the Constitution does the Federal government have the authority to take my money and use it to give you health insurance?
    LOL! Don't you know that's outdated. Why let something like that get in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by satanica View Post
    LOL. You think if is not in the Constitution it is ILLEGAL ?

Holy shit thats funny....WTF are you huffing ?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Good one. I have a few more.

1. On CS's question, how do you feel the insurance question fits into the Tenth Amendment, specifically? What about to the larger question of freedom in America?

2. Is it more likely to you that the politicians genuinely care about the health of the American people or that they want to corner another 20% of the American economy and have a great vote-buying platform for the future?

3. What specifically makes this insurance plan more sustainable in the long-term than programs like Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security?

4. What percentage of people with high hospital bills, in your estimation, could have avoided their problems if they had either (a) bought enough insurance in the first place, or (b) read their policies?

5. What, in dollars, is a fair price to pay out-of-pocket for life-saving medical treatment such as cancer radiation or chemotherapy? Do doctors currently have a right to collect that money even from an uninsured person if said person agreed to the treatment?

6. Why shouldn't insurance companies deny coverage for people with pre-existing conditions?

7. How many people are uninsured either by choice or by not being US citizens? Is simply coming to the US enough to warrant government health insurance or should America give health insurance to the other 6 billion people in the world as well?

8. Should Congress and the President be on the same plan? Why or why not?

9. How much money and entitlements do the people/businesses who work and pay taxes owe the people who do not work or pay taxes? What other welfare programs are the latter entitled to that they're not currently getting? What entitles them to it?

10. What about the people who don't work and pay taxes, but instead post on political forums from 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM? Do they deserve health coverage and other entitlements? Why?

11. Why has the administration changed the terms of this debate from "healthcare reform" to "health insurance reform"?

12. Why is it so important that this legislation pass so quickly?

13. Is healthcare a "right", a "privilege" or something else?

14. What should happen to doctors and hospitals who won't accept this new insurance the way many of them currently don't accept Medicare?

15. What sort of claims will this insurance plan not cover?

16. Why do you think people who currently qualify for Medicaid and other programs do not apply until after they get sick?

17. Why should a slim majority of people be able to vote themselves more money from the slim minority?

18. How will this insurance plan not lead to rationing down the road?

19. Will this plan mean more people going to hospitals and going to see doctors?

20. Are there enough medical practitioners and hospitals to keep up with this added demand?
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    Good one. I have a few more.

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    I beg you guys to ask me questions.

I DO ...and WILL ANSWER THEM.

All I ask in return is that you answer some of my questions.

This is called debate.
    You still refuse to answer mine!!
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    You still refuse to answer mine!!
    and mine

Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    and mine
    Me too. We should start a club. Oh wait, in would include everybody but satty.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

The big Cheese
    I beg you guys to ask me questions.

I DO ...and WILL ANSWER THEM.

All I ask in return is that you answer some of my questions.

This is called debate.
    why do you collect unemployment checks while having a private buisness that is bringing in enough money to live well as you have stated?

Thats ilegal.... Why do you insist on being a thief?
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.