1. #1 DUmmie upset with profanity on DU. Sad results........... 
    This is an interesting thread.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=6144293

I think the pizza that david13 ordered by accident is almost ready. DUmmies have a hard time respecting other peoples point of view don't they?

david13 Donating Member (442 posts) Sat Jul-25-09 12:58 AM
    Original message
    Ban swearing on d/u Forum Now!

Title says it. If you can't say anything intelligent, go away. Foul and ridiculous language is not needed.
    dc

I swear like everyone else, probably worse than everyone else. But I never find that I need to on an internet forum.

When someone takes offense to the crude language at the dump and very politley asks for a damper to be put on it this is what they get.

Toasterlad Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Response to Original message
    1. Fuck That.

Start your own censorship board, Hitler.
    lost-in-nj Donating Member (1000+ posts) J
    your fucking kidding me

right???

censorship???
    hmmmmm

enjoy your pizza

lost
    Th1onein Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    8. Please go fuck yourself.

Thanks!
    rsmith6621 Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    32. 437 Post????...GO FUCK YOUSELF SILLY. Hemorrhoid
    Well there is some change we can all believe in. And this is just a random sampling I took. :D

I am kind of amazed that the people that posted the "GO F*** YOURSELF" posts are allowed to remain. From personal experience I know they ban members there who do nothing more that offer a different point of view from the accepted Dem way of thinking.

But apparently it is fine to tell fellow DU'ers to "GO F*CK" themselves when the mods are in agreement. Such a pathetic bunch of folks.

Why don't any of you come here to defend this type of heavy handed moderation? I KNOW some of you are reading this. What is holding you back from coming here to defend it? There must be a reason.

I read that earlier pretty funny!

What the fuck?
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Toasterlad Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    1. Fuck That.

Start your own censorship board, Hitler.
    Love the irony.
    Be Not Afraid.

The could save a lot of money on storage space by not allowing cursing and most posts would consist of "I know you are but what am I?"

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

The F word is very important to liberals, has been since the sixties. It's the perfect, one word response that sums up everything about what they believe and stand for. It is useful in describing how they feel about those that don't agree with them, "Fuck Them" "Fuck Bush". "Fuck those religious nuts"

It's the one all around adjective, verb and noun that can describe their general state of being, without having to possess an extensive vocabulary. When they're contemplating the universe in that certain chemically controlled state, it's the one word that aptly defines their bewilderment: " Oh,..... Fuck, man"
    It's a code word, that when put in their posts, is supposed to clearly show that the author is serious, i.e not fucking around.

It is also a great word for the perpetual state of rage they seem to wallow in. I'm not surprised there is such an uproar at someone suggesting they give it up.

Well, they just declared that was flaimbait. I don't agree with that decision because it enables all those who go around cussing others out, but he should have taken this idea to admins.