Thread: My poilce story

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    >>>

Last week, about 2 p.m., while driving a nice car, I got stopped by a police officer about a block from my home in Los Angeles. The officer asked for license and registration. "Yes, sir," I said, handing him my license. Before I could retrieve the registration, he said, "Mr. Elder, do you still live at this address?" I said I did. He said: "OK. I stopped you because you rolled through a stop sign. Two pedestrians saw you, and they gestured to me, as if saying, 'Are you going to do something about that?' So I felt I had to stop you. I'm not looking for area residents. I'm looking for people who don't live here who might be committing crimes. You're fine."

I did roll through the stop sign. He could have ticketed me. Rather, he responded to my politeness with politeness. Besides, don't we want a proactive police department that, within the law, doesn't just react to crime but also tries to prevent it?

Cops routinely deal with conflict, angry citizens and quite often the worst of the worst -- while going to work every day willing to take a bullet for someone they don't even know.

Even Henry You-Don't-Know-Who-You're-Messing-With Gates should understand that.

Cops are human beings, too.
    HWB -- Home While Black
    by Larry Elder

Polite people are dealt with politely. Morons get the book thrown at them. Have a nice day. :)
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

No bongs
    Say what ya mean and get to the point quick....I don't have the attention span to listen to bullshit...

Seventy years has taught me that there are a lot of people running around with chips on their shoulders. They come in all colors, shapes, and sizes, and for any reason they'll hate just about anything.

Not much to be done about it, except to expect it. Just my 2¢.....

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

I couldn't be bothered reading the OP but I did notice it did not have a link to DU.

If any mods are on, I think he likes to have his posts moved to Stupid Liberal Tricks.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I couldn't be bothered reading the OP but I did notice it did not have a link to DU.

If any mods are on, I think he likes to have his posts moved to Stupid Liberal Tricks.
    He posted this in General Discussion but being a DUesque bouncy I thought it was better suited to this forum. A link would be redundant.
    Last edited by FlaGator; 07-25-2009 at 09:34 PM.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by satanica View Post
    I have a ton of police run ins.

Here is just one...for now.

I was on my way home from my dads, and was passing a Chase bank where I use to keep money, I have a account there that I want to close, so I stop to do so.

I tell the teller I want to close my account, she says I can't, and have to come back wed. ..I say , NO ...I want to close it NOW, she refuses, I raise my voice and tell her off....then leave.

I get home, and after a few minutes of telling my wife I wasn't allowed to close my account when I see 3 cop cars pull up in front of my house.

I go to the door and ask what they are doing. They say...

"Were you just at this bank?"

I say YES I was.

They said they were there to arrest me because I threw a pen at the lady.

I said what ? ...I never threw a pen.. The cop shouted back..

"I saw the video tape sir"

I was shocked, because I knew I NEVER threw a pen, so I replied...

"Are you telling me that the video shows me throwing a pen at that lady?"

his reply

"Well, it doesn't show that, but you DID raise your voice."

I then EXPLODED..

"{yelling} ..,.I am raising my voice right fucking now, why don't you tape it ..get the fuck off my property you stupid fucking assholes, I will own you retards if you don't leave right fucking now.

They wrote me a ticket for throwing a pen at a lady....battery charge

I went to court and told the judge,..

"If this isn't thrown out today, my lawyer will subpoena the vidoe tape and I will be in here asking for his badge."

The judge shot a look over to the officer...

And 6 seconds later it was tossed out.

I'm not saying this didn't happen...it may well have...it may have not...but what is your reason for posting it?
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I'm not saying this didn't happen...it may well have...it may have not...but what is your reason for posting it?
    He's an attention whore.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    He's an attention whore.
    Whores work hard for their money!

Quote Originally Posted by satanica View Post

"If this isn't thrown out today, my lawyer will subpoena the vidoe tape and I will be in here asking for his badge."

Do you DUmmies even try when you make up your fanciful tales?

There isn't a single judge in the whole country that would allow you to talk to them like that in their court. If you EVER gave that kind of attitude to any judge you would immediately be held in contempt.

I know you fruits like to spin tales of how awesome you are, but really no, you didn't say that. Please try again.

Remember this is CU, which is decidely not DU. There isn't going to be any hearty back slaps when you tell a tale made from whole cloth.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    He's trying to make a point. None of this happened. He thinks he's being clever. He gets my dipshit of the month award. He might even get dipshit of the year.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III