Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by meowmeow View Post
    The thought occurs to me that America deserves a big fat congratulations for electing Obama. Love him or hate him it makes no difference because the fact that he was electable and elected is now a fact on the ground. Blacks who have long argued that we have gotten no where since the days of Dred Scott, Plessy v Ferguson, Emmett Till, Brown V Board of Education, the 1960's, Rodney King, etc- they can no longer argue that "We" have gotten no where. "They" can barely argue that there is so much further to go. There might still be a little distance to cover but maybe measuring that distance by looking back would serve America better than talking about long roads in front of us.

Yep.

How many red states did he take ?

Indiana
    Ohio
    Florida
    Virgina
    Nevada
    Colorado
    New Mexico
    North Carolina
    Iowa

Did I miss any ?

Lets look at Texas for an Example of whats to come...

Gore gets 37%
    Kerry gets 38%
    Obama gets 44% ...and doesn't even campaign there that much.

All the major cities in Texas (save forth worth) are blue already.

Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HE IS NOT A BLACK MAN HE IS A BIRACIAL PERSON. YOU KNOW HE IS HALF WHITE?
    Yes, so?

Many people have been discriminated against for being bi-racial.

Sonnabend
    I didnt see your congrats thread on this

In his first term, Bush matched the record that President Clinton set in his first term for appointing women and people of color to the Cabinet, and Bush had a more diverse inner circle at the White House. Since his re-election last month, the president has made a series of groundbreaking nominations. (Related item: Four Cabinet secretaries to stay)

Bush has named his White House lawyer, Alberto Gonzales, to be the first Hispanic to hold one of the powerful "big four" Cabinet jobs, attorney general.

He named his national security adviser, Condoleezza Rice, to be the first female African-American secretary of State, the Cabinet's senior position.

HYPOCRITE

Quote Originally Posted by satanica View Post
    Yep.

How many red states did he take ?

Indiana
    Ohio
    Florida
    Virgina
    Nevada
    Colorado
    New Mexico
    North Carolina
    Iowa

Did I miss any ?

Lets look at Texas for an Example of whats to come...

Gore gets 37%
    Kerry gets 38%
    Obama gets 44% ...and doesn't even campaign there that much.

All the major cities in Texas (save forth worth) are blue already.
    The irony about the boldened part is that there are a lot of racists where I'm at (foothills of NC). There is a lot of racism going on. I won't even get into what I've heard people saying about Obama. Let's just say it went beyond hearing the N word.

However, all people whom *I* considered to be racist did not agree. Some of *them* even thought Obama should win. That was how afraid they were of keeping a "hands off" approach to the economy. I also heard from people who were offended that McCain wanted to tax our healthcare (although a gay friend of mine, who could care less about politics, said that's how it needed to be done).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    The irony about the boldened part.
    Whats the irony ? You live in the hills. Most of NC voted for Obama.

No irony at all, I would expect the people in the foothills to be racist

Quote Originally Posted by satanica View Post
    Whats the irony ? You live in the hills. Most of NC voted for Obama.

No irony at all, I would expect the people in the foothills to be racist
    I would expect a white wimp in Chicago to be one too, but you just LOOOVE Obumble.

rm -rf obama*

Hey to satanica and Meowmeow is 97% of blacks voting for obama in and of itself racist?
    I'm still at a loss to define black after all these years, but I'll humor you.

Yes and no. It demonstrates a certain cohesive group think...which is dangerous and scary...and produces an empowering feeling. It bothers me that someone would vote for Obama because he is black as much as it bothers me that someone would not vote for Obama because he is black.

I still firmly believe that if there was a referendum stating that all blacks should be wiped from existence in the USA that at least 10% of blacks would vote in favor of it.

Actually, the question you should be asking is why the Republican party cannot gain greater credibility in the black community? Someone got 3%, what will it take to get more?

Let me ask you a question, with historical contexts in mind, if you were Black (assuming that you aren't) and you were given a choice between the chance of voting for a good man, McCain, and knocking down the ultimate glass ceiling, symbolically grabbing the reins of power, living vicariously through the success of this one family...what would you choose to do?

Sonnabend
    he irony about the boldened part is that there are a lot of racists where I'm at (foothills of NC). There is a lot of racism going on. I won't even get into what I've heard people saying about Obama. Let's just say it went beyond hearing the N word.
    And not one word about Obama sitting in a church listening to a preacher who throws around allegations that the AIDS virus was created to kill the black man.

"God damn America:" were his exact words.

I can even send you the sound file of him saying it.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HE IS NOT A BLACK MAN HE IS A BIRACIAL PERSON. YOU KNOW HE IS HALF WHITE?
    As if that ever mattered when it came to classifying people as black or white...what were the rules up until...I'm not even sure what year...but what is it, 1/8th black or 1/16th black or some such nonsense and you were considered by the powers that be to be black?

Anyways, this whole notion of black and white issues is repulsive to me. This classification of people based on color is antiquated and needs to disappear into the history books. One day, kids are going to say, "they thought what!"

Sonnabend
    Meow.

I posted a comment. Id like your response, or cant that festering case of BDS you have get you to admit that Pres. Bush did more for black appointees and for people in general than Obama ever did?