Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by meowmeow View Post
    As if that ever mattered when it came to classifying people as black or white"
    It matters to some...clearly.

And the GOP played the race card BOTH ways.

First he wasn't black enough, then he was too black.

*yawn*

Same old...

Sonnabend
    It matters to some...clearly.
    It matters to Obummer. He mentions race almost every day.

Figures, the man is a walking example of the entitlement mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    And not one word about Obama sitting in a church listening to a preacher who throws around allegations that the AIDS virus was created to kill the black man.

"God damn America:" were his exact words.

I can even send you the sound file of him saying it.
    I do find those words disturbing, but I have to be honest. I listened to the entire context of his sermon. With the exception of his troop bashing, I think he actually had really good points. I won't say what he said, but I will say that I don't necessarily believe that God is blessing America. I would like to hope that God will bless America, but I'm not counting on it.

BTW, damn means condemn. How can we know for 100% certain that God isn't condemning America for stuff like past slavery, past wars, fighting civil rights in the 1960s, Eugenics, etc? We don't.

The flip side to this is that every nation has sin. But to be fair, most of those nations are not going around saying that God blesses them. It's been argued that it's simply a request that God bless America, but I think many Americans believe it's already blessed by God. It might not be.

And there's my evil post for the day.

I do agree that Jerimiah Wright is off his rocker though because he troop bashes and seems to have a real hatred for Israel. Supposedly, Obama won't talk to him because the Israelis are behind it. Crazy ass man. No, Obama's not talking to you because you're nuts.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I do find those words disturbing,.
    Why ?

Those are the words of a Christian....and Obama is a Muslim.

Don't cha know.

Sonnabend
    I do find those words disturbing, but I have to be honest. I listened to the entire context of his sermon.
    He DIRECTLY and specifically claimed that AIDS was created by whites to kill the black man.

He was not "taken out of context",. those were his EXACT words.

DO NOT equivocate with me, because I too heard the entire sermon, and the man is a lunatic...and Obama sat in his church for TWENTY YEARS.

Then he threw him under the bus when he had served his purpose.

Now then: AGAIN

Before Obama was elected, there was the very first black Secretary of State.

Under WHOSE admnistration did that happen?

Sonnabend
    BTW, damn means condemn. How can we know for 100% certain that God isn't condemning America for stuff like past slavery, past wars, fighting civil rights in the 1960s, Eugenics, etc? We don't.
    White guilt, eh Lanie?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Meow.

I posted a comment. Id like your response, or cant that festering case of BDS you have get you to admit that Pres. Bush did more for black appointees and for people in general than Obama ever did?
    Not sure which comment but I will admit that Bush despite his enormous flaws was not the wicked, evil, racist man that some people would like to make him out to be. I felt his administration was an abject failure but it had nothing to do with race. Colin Powell, Condoleeza Rice, and the other appointees were not just fixtures on the Whitehouse lawn holding up lanterns...

Let me ask you this, when Bush came to power, did you declare him the best President ever after the first 6 months, or did you wait for his ideas and policies to take hold before you delivered your judgement?

Most of us just thought..."well, better than Gore" and "well, better than Kerry".

You'll find most of us respected him, but really didn't like his spending.

rm -rf obama*

Sonnabend
    Let me ask you this, when Bush came to power, did you declare him the best President ever after the first 6 months, or did you wait for his ideas and policies to take hold before you delivered your judgement?
    I waited. I saw.

He had his flaws...but as far as his Presidency was concerned, he stands head and shoulders over Obama

That...jerk...stood in iraq and told the soldiers that all they had bled for, died for, fought for, was for nothing, and that he was in the business of cutting and running.

I saw the looks on the troops faces that day. Then he makes that disgusting speech where he refers to the US as a "muslim nation"...an appeaser and a coward.

He wants to cut and run from Afghanistan as well

His healthcare plan is a disaster, he has lied so often I am surprised he doesnt have an nose the size of the Concorde.

Obama has had more than six months, and in all truthfulness? Pres. Bush was fifteen times the man Obama could ever be or ever will be.

Race? Obama is living proof of the benefits of the race card.

Spare me, okay?

Thank you Meow Meow for your comments. I agree that the election of Obama puts aside so many excuses some people would like to make for their own personal lack of success.

I do think that Obama's election was indeed race based and that many wanted to see him as President, in large part, because of his race. I hope for the day when a black man or woman is elected to the office because of their ideas and ability, and that their race has nothing to do with it. Perhaps now that we have a black president that can occur.